Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Dann Stack

After Zeke’s death, I went back to Lee-Ann and things were quiet for a while. About a month later, Fang suddenly showed up at our door. Apparently, before the explosion of the facility he had snuck his way into the vault and stolen all the money they had received from various grants and anonymous backers and hidden it away. He then proceeded to hand it to us in a large burlap sack saying “Consider it a wedding present. I assume you two are getting married right? Make sure you’ve got shrimp at the buffet table by the way. I love those little shrimp cocktails, gyehee!” And with that, he flew off into the horizon again.

Fast forward about ten years, Me and Lee-Ann did in fact get married. And yes, there was shrimp at the buffet table. Which Fang ate all of. At once. Beyond that, he went off to eventually buy the zoo we had our fight in. Turns out he really took a liking to those tigers. Surprisingly, the zoo’s profits have never been higher. Pain apparently went on to follow his dream of becoming a doctor, and is actually a world class surgeon. He found out that you have to be completely covered when operating on someone, so he didn’t have to worry about his abilities causing anyone pain. He’s since been featured in three different medical magazines and saved countless lives.

As for me and Lee-Ann, the money Fang gave us was enough to live off of for the rest of our lives. I began donating some of my cells for medical research, and through the help of Pain’s connections in the medical field, we’ve managed to cure most diseases and are working on the rest. I’m happy to know that we could still change the world for the better. I guess sometimes it takes a monster to remind us how to be human.

                       The End



© 2014 Dann Stack


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on August 27, 2014
Last Updated on August 27, 2014


Author

Dann Stack
Dann Stack

Chester, NY



Writing