Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Dann Stack

In a closed up thrift shop in the middle of the night, something stirs in the ceiling. It slowly oozes down from between the panels in the ceiling like molasses. It piles up on the cold tiles and begins to shift and move, slowly rising again. In the small rays of moon light that permeate the shop windows, the silhouette of a man can be seen, slowly forming like some primordial stick figure. Its arm reaches up and moves the tile asides, fishing around for something it’s left behind. A small metal disk gleams in the moonlight as it is brought down from the ceiling. The shape places the disc on its “face”, and stands there for a time, as if adjusting. It looks over to the counter, and slowly makes its way over. It looks down at the register, then back up. It isn’t here for money. It turns to a rack behind the counter and pulls down a wide brimmed hat. It places the hat on its head, plays with it for a time, then tilts it forward and walks out from behind the counter. It moves over to another rack, and takes a large trench coat and oozes into it. The buttons seemingly button themselves, and the sleeves fill as if animated by some unseen force. The figure looks down and sees that its legs can still be seen, so it shortens itself. It glides over to the full length mirror and admires its new look. “perfect” It walks out the door, and vanishes into the night, leaving nothing but an empty hook and an unlocked door.



© 2013 Dann Stack


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting introduction, I like it!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 8, 2013
Last Updated on June 8, 2013


Author

Dann Stack
Dann Stack

Chester, NY



Writing