everybody says

everybody says

A Poem by dannie

Everybody wants a whole lot of something for a little bit of nothing. Everybody says they understand and everybody says they got your back but when your backs up against the wall is when you'll find out nobody kept up with your tracks. Everybody said it would be okay the storm would soon be gone but they never had to sell their soul or stand naked posing in a two piece or a thong. Everybody says they're a good reader, but pay attention for a second, try your best to be a good listener. See I came from a little bit of something which was really nothing. Never was handed anything but I never let that stand in my way, did anything just to get by. I always pretended like I had it all figured out, but on the inside I was lost, a stranger to my own naked eye. I ignored a lot, kept my head up high, and smiled just to get through my day. I soon received my blessing and my life became clear. That was until I was tore down verbally, the damage was too severe. So here I am lost, alone, but still I'm surviving. I know that my blessing is still my blessing and giving up was never an option. I know this doesn't make sense and I keep going on but please just understand writing is my only home. Everybody says sticks and stones can break your bones but words will never hurt you. Your words felt like a razor ripping open my confidence I now walk with my head down, your words stabbed my heart until it turned into hatred I'll never love again, your words broke down my spirit and made me feel worthless, your words got trapped in my mind and now I feel like a prisoner. Everybody says it gets harder before it gets easier and so far all I've ever dealt with was the most difficult level. Everybody says prayer works so I get down on my knees and pray to a god I've never seen but I still believe. I believe one day he's going to make me into everything they said I couldn't be. Everybody says Its ok you'll get through it but its a lot to it if you're the only person that has to go through it. Everybody says a lot but nobody wants to help you until u throw the towel in and give up.

© 2015 dannie


Author's Note

dannie
First time posting. Please review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

fantastic emotional content. try breaking it into sentences that lead the eye down the page and of course punctuation always always always. good post. cant wait to reread.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is an elaborate and skilled piece of work. I fell in love at the second sentence. It is beautiful and true. Please post more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautiful, that's all I can say!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


An exceptional piece of poetry. The energy, dark, but moves quickly- the pace is skillfully formed, magnificent write. I really like your work and truly hope that you continue to post. Thank you for allowing us to read your work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
jdr / Jennifer

9 Years Ago

You are a brilliant writer - no regrets. Your talent is exceptional.
dannie

9 Years Ago

I put up another poem

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2015
Last Updated on June 23, 2015

Author

dannie
dannie

TX



About
I have always had a passion to write but was always afraid to share my talent. more..

Writing