Foreverness

Foreverness

A Poem by Dana Alsamsam

I left the book

On the coffee table

So you could turn

The pages on forever

With the whisper

Of your fingers. 


At the end of the book 

Neither of us can decode

Why it ended with merely

A blank page.

© 2013 Dana Alsamsam


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is very graceful Dana. "So you could turn the pages on forever with the whispers of your fingers", that is just priceless. I can picture this read in a quiet, soft tone. I feel that a middle paragraph may be exactly what is needed to continue the gentle flow you begin and end with, but that may only be because I enjoyed this so much! I feel that your last line is perhaps subconsciously significant read on its own and as a finishing point. While you speak of the unknown; the confusion that surrounds us when we look back at the events of our past, the fact that there is still space to be filled in leaves this as a poem that could end with hope! I hope I'm not reaching, it was just something that I noticed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dana Alsamsam

11 Years Ago

that is a lovely interpretation of my words- thank you so much for your insight! honestly, when i wr.. read more



Reviews

It's a nice, deep and a great write. You've made a Memorable write. I'd made my views by your this piece if i was there and i left a book on a coffee table and so on.......
nice write... don't you think it could be a great story ?
what ya think...
if you write... let me know, it'd be great reading your continution...

nice flow if ink... keep writing "Dana"
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dana Alsamsam

11 Years Ago

thank you so much rahul! this is so kind of you. i don't know if i'll ever continue it, but if i do .. read more
Very nice, Dana. This is a poem full of hope, and lovely imagery, especially "turn the pages on forever with the whispers of your fingers" One of the things I love about poetry is the interpretation, and this one offers many. For me I saw the blank page as an opportunity to write it together.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dana Alsamsam

11 Years Ago

ah i really love hearing different people's interpretations of the blank page! they're all so differ.. read more
Traci

11 Years Ago

Always a pleasure, Dana.
I like the idea of forever as a book on your table. It humanizes it, really shows how we can have a lasting impact of it. What this says to me is that forever doesn't have to be this terrifying thing that sends us back to our bedrooms trembling. It is a mystery, as that blank page suggests, but we can write a few of our own words in it. I like this idea and the way you presented it to us :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dana Alsamsam

11 Years Ago

thank you for your words- i love your interpretation! my favorite part about this piece is that ever.. read more
Clockwork

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :-)
A great metaphor for a relationship that just ends and neither partner knows why.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dana Alsamsam

11 Years Ago

very interesting take on this piece! thanks for your review
Archangel Gabriel

11 Years Ago

The blank page signified ending. The first stanza was so full of love.
A truly enthralling read...I wish I had a more thoughtful review to offer but I feel like it's all there in the poem already...I'm not sure how to explain it haha Great work though my friend, I was totally entranced in this piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dana Alsamsam

11 Years Ago

thank you so much- i always appreciate you stopping by and reading my work!
kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

Always a pleasure Dana :)
It's because your story is yet to be finished and wild adventure calls before it can be written. A very solemn yet hopeful short read, with touches of vulnerability and compassion. Very nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dana Alsamsam

11 Years Ago

that's a really interesting take on my words! (i will admit i don't even know what i meant the blank.. read more
A candid and excellent piece of writing. The last stanza sums up the entire gist of this poem as a whole. Great work. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem was beautiful, soft, endearing and defining of what love can be until you find that blank page at the end, then it is up to two hearts to write the ending. Very nice. I truly enjoyed this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dana Alsamsam

11 Years Ago

thank you so much! your view is refreshing because many look at the blank page as hopeless or as an .. read more
This is very graceful Dana. "So you could turn the pages on forever with the whispers of your fingers", that is just priceless. I can picture this read in a quiet, soft tone. I feel that a middle paragraph may be exactly what is needed to continue the gentle flow you begin and end with, but that may only be because I enjoyed this so much! I feel that your last line is perhaps subconsciously significant read on its own and as a finishing point. While you speak of the unknown; the confusion that surrounds us when we look back at the events of our past, the fact that there is still space to be filled in leaves this as a poem that could end with hope! I hope I'm not reaching, it was just something that I noticed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dana Alsamsam

11 Years Ago

that is a lovely interpretation of my words- thank you so much for your insight! honestly, when i wr.. read more
That's just how it goes sometimes. Stories end. Tanks run dry. Sometimes it's hard to know why...but the revealing part is that you left it right out there in the open to be discovered . Sometimes we don't know why, but we DO just know......

Cm

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013
Tags: forever, short poem, love, life, death, romance, book

Author

Dana Alsamsam
Dana Alsamsam

Chicago, IL



About
"my brain hums with scraps of poetry and madness." i dance, write and play violin. i'm studying english and training in dance in chicago. i like spooky things, red lipstick, caffeine, punk/indi.. more..

Writing
mother mother

A Poem by Dana Alsamsam



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..