"Religion"

"Religion"

A Story by crstna
"

We are all fighting for the same thing.

"

Last night my dad and I had a huge talk about religion. I was saying how I consider myself a Catholic, but that I think there a lot of things wrong with the religion therefore I'm not considered one (not believing a lot of what's in the bible, their stance on homosexual marriage, etc). He then said that religion is mostly man made, and that it's not going to be perfect.

This got me thinking. Religion is pretty much man made. The common idea is a higher power and being a good person to go to that higher place. Yet we put all these different titles on different religions and slap on mundane rules that only separate us when at the end of the day, we are all 'fighting' for the same thing.

© 2008 crstna


Author's Note

crstna
What do you believe?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Agree. Religion is, at its very core, the same. I think that it started as an invention to explain what could not be explained, or as one inspired person. No matter what religion you believe in, there are some basic values in every religion and I think we should focus on that, rather than on the differences between each religion.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Added on March 21, 2008

Author

crstna
crstna

Toronto, Canada



About
My writing represents me. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Story by crstna