Chapter One :Escape

Chapter One :Escape

A Chapter by Rosalind Smith
"

A sad little angst story

"
Becca ran inside of her house, up the stairs, then into her room. Slamming the door, she threw herself onto her bed and started crying the contents of her heart out.

She and her friends were shopping and there she saw him.....kissing HER.... The girl was beautiful. She have wavy blonde hair, a slim, heathy body. Her beautiful blue eyes just seem to shine. They kissed and held each other close. Her laugh is always like the most wonderful song. Her smile seems to brightens everyone. And there he was. Holding her tight, a broad smile on his face. He was happy and will be for her....with her....

As soon as Becca stumbled into the scene, she felt a lump growing within her throat, holding her breath as if her breath will ruin this marvellous moment. She had made up a family emergency excuse and left her friends, running back home. Her tears slowly trickling down her cheeks as she ran.

She tried. Becca really tried. She tried to be happy for him. All she want is him to be happy. And she did it....by encouraging him to confess to the girl. It worked. Becca know that she can never ever give him the happiness like the girl can. But seeing them.....just breaks her heart, ripping her apart.

She sat up on her bed, some of her hair plastered to her face with tears. She looked across the room into the mirror. She looked like nothing the girl he loves. That girl isn't ugly or fat. Nothing like Becca. The girl fallen in sorrow stood up shakily, staring at her own reflection. Her body was plump, not like that girl, slim and beautiful. Her face was so ugly, not like that perfect girl, angelic and lovable. Her eyes were in a dull brown. Not like her, bright and blue. She slowly, gently traced her body with her fingertips. She hate this body.

She love him so much. More than he can ever imagine. But she know. With a creepy personality and hideous appearance, she can never stand a chance. Never could, never will. But she always wished....always hoped that someday... someday he'll come and hold her tightly, telling her that he loves her and no one else. That had happened in her dreams and ONLY happened in her dreams. Every single night she dreamt those dreams, she had been so overwhelmed by happiness but as the sun comes above the horizon she woke up and realized that all of it is just a dream, sadness welled back into her heart, returning to its original state. Oh how her chest tightened, burning with the sharp pain erupting in her! How she had collapsed back on her bed, crying and screaming into her pillow, soaking her sheets...It was very painful. Almost intolerable.

She dragged her own body toward the cupboard. She pulled out the snickersnee her friend gave as a gift from Europe. She sucked on her breath and bit on her bottom lip as the blade drew across her wrist. Becca sighed as the blood started to leak out from the cut. She felt....calm..... The girl have never done this. It was certainly a new pleasant feeling.

"He won't care if I cut anyway..." She whispered to herself as her hand wielded the knife again against her bare skin on the wrist. This time it was longer and deeper. It had stung badly but it can never be compared to the burning in her heart. After every cut Becca only wanted more. One by one the cuts were created, marring her skin. She was no longer standing but sitting on the floor leaning against the wall. She breathed slowly. Her body curled slightly to the side. With her arm, where her lacerations lay, sat just beside her body limply, her thumb stroked the skin beside the cuts, sometimes slowly touching the edge of them. She smiled bitterly as a tear streaked her cheek. He will never care....She thought, another tear rolled down. Becca curled her body even more, arms around her legs as the fabric of her clothing absorbed her tears.

She sobbed hard. She knows he's happy with the girl he loves not her. As a friend, she had helped him to have the girl he wants. Every time he comes to talk about her, she have to put on a fake smile and say encouraging words that even she herself wish will never come true... But it did and it broke her. Now Becca just want to run and hide from everything. From this world. She'll do anything to escape from this reality.

"Maybe...." She muttered almost choking on her tears. She picked up the blade and pressed it against her vein. What if I'm making a mistake? What if...Oh Becca you're so silly. You know it's impossible. He doesn't love you. No one cares about you at all. Alive or not. No one.You want to leave this place and escape for eternity? Do it! She pressed the knife hard against her pulse. Sharp pain flared up to her arm, spreading. The dagger clanged on the floor as she let go of it. Laying down weakly on the ground, she stared at the ceiling as the blood began gushing out. Her vision started to waver and objects loses its colour in her now even dull eyes.

Becca started to feel cold as her life is slowly slipping away as time is ticking. It seemed like months or even like years. She knew her escape is almost to success. She closed her eyes and opened those pale trembling lips..."I love you.... Be safe..." Her last words came in a whisper and taking her final breath.....she escaped.


© 2015 Rosalind Smith


Author's Note

Rosalind Smith
Really bad I'll admit. Feel feel to comment. And there's thoughts of the main character in it but I don't seem to be able to express it here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It isn't that bad...good word choice. Plot could use work, I don't understand where it is going. Could you review my work?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosalind Smith

8 Years Ago

Sure. I would love to. You should know. I've made sure it's clear. Maybe reading it carefully will h.. read more
Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

Ok I will.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on September 24, 2015
Last Updated on October 8, 2015


Author

Rosalind Smith
Rosalind Smith

Hong Kong, China



About
I'm studying in high school and have a huge attraction towards animals, reading and writing. I already had writings on writing.com but they limited me to have only ten pathetic items in my equally pat.. more..

Writing