The Journey

The Journey

A Chapter by Coffee and Converstion
"

Audrey and Eli are on their way to the only place that they feel they can be truely happy.

"

AUDREY’S POV

 

 

            Some people say life is all about the journey, I say that life might be that way, but this trip sure isn’t.

            Madeline Island, my one escape place, the first thing I think of when someone asks where my happy place is. It is a small island of a population of only one hundred and fifty people year round, not including the summer visitors such as my family and me. Seven miles across, small tourist shops, a cafe two restaurants, a library, a museum, a school, mini golf, a pool are all conveniently located on Lake Superior.

            “Audrey! We are almost there!” says my younger sister. She is the cutest thing, sometimes. “See, it’s the lake!”

            “I see, Victoria,” with my ear buds in my ears I watched the lake pass by. Finally, six long hours in a van are all worth it for one month.

 

 

ELI’S POV

 

 

            The bumper sticker on the back of our car says “Life’s good” but I highly disagree. I feel like life sucks, but you have to live it anyways.

            “One whole month!” Drake shouts in my ear. “We get to be on that little island for a month!” I can’t tell if he’s happy or outraged.

            “I get it, Drake,” I responded calmly, with my head phones around my neck. Watching as the lake passes by, I wait with giddy thoughts running through my head. My parents are in the front of our car, I am sitting next to my twin. All our bags except for one small one for each of us were already with my aunt Cece in the cabin and all we had to do was bring this little amount of stuff.

            Drake and I are totally different. He is all popular and has a different girl every day, while I’m shy, dark, mysterious, and I am still getting over Lucy, my dead ex-girlfriend. She is almost totally out of my head now.      

 

 

AUDREY’S POV

 

 

            There’s this smell, it’s only on Madeline Island, and this feeling, that’s only in Lake Superior. Everything here is so indescribable, like Island Time, where no one owns a clock so you eat when you are hungry, go to sleep after parties, wake up at dawn, but you can’t tell the lack of sleep, because your body doesn’t know the time. Time is truly an illusion here.

            Of course, it’s hard to get work done, because no on rushes anything.

            The waves silently crash upon the dock and harbor that holds the boats. My own piece of heaven is only a fifteen minuet ride away. I walk into the boat with my bike as the rest of my family is in the car. My bike is going to be my means of transportation when my family is gone.

            I park my bike and go to sit on the top of the deck where I can wave watch ad I lean over the railing.

 

 

ELI’S POV

 

            “Come on!” Drake yelled as we brought our bikes on deck. My parents were only our transportation to Bayfield; we were to bring our bikes and our bag to the island. Left alone with $300 each and extra keys to the cabin, we set off on our adventure.

            Boarding the Island Queen, the ferry, we parked our bikes next to a vintage looking one with fenders and everything. It was painted a washed out yellow and black.

            It feels so good to be going back tot the only place I could imagine myself. Every second got me closer to my happy place.

            Sitting on my red bench with my bag, I spotted a pretty redhead dressed in black leaning over the railing with my twin approaching her.



© 2011 Coffee and Converstion


Author's Note

Coffee and Converstion
I hope you like this. It is just something that I came up with for my own entertainment. Please reveiw and tell me what you think I could do to improve my writing and what you like the most about this. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on January 25, 2011
Last Updated on January 25, 2011


Author

Coffee and Converstion
Coffee and Converstion

WI



About
I am one of those people that wear all black and eyeliner and are always writing, if it's a story or drawing or a poem, I was practicly born with a pencil. My favorite colors are black and blue, like .. more..

Writing