Troy

Troy

A Chapter by Claire Violet Thorpe

Here is the story about a boy named Troy, who also was taken from his home at the same time as Elva was, on Monday, October 7, 2257 at 10:45 A.M. 70 years to the day when all these problems started.

Troy Branden was 17 years old and a very odd boy at that. We barely even know of what he looks like because he had since been taken from his home in Ebis, Cesurius (which is located next to where the city of Tampa, Florida once was). This large city is extremely crowded. It stands beside the sea and is mainly constructed of timber. A highly trained city guard defends it and its most noteworthy feature is the beautiful central square. The square was built in 2230; some years after the wars have ended. It is also well known for its unique architecture, and most of its revenue comes from textiles. The people there were skilled tile makers, and their tiles were in high demand all over the world.

The description of Troy was this: He had wide blue eyes that are like two pools of water, which were hidden behind thin wire framed glasses, and luxurious, straight, brown hair. He was 17 years old and he is very short for his age. His skin is white. He has delicate ears and a weak chin.

Troy was born on May 17, 2239 in Ebis, Cesurius. His parents were Faramond and Vanessa. They and Troy’s younger brother Trevor lived in the neighborhood of Point Pointtree, which was located several miles from Ebis. Point Pointtree was a nice little place, with very few problems and none of the gang violence that Elva had to deal with in her neighborhood. There was a huge problem with scores of mentally disabled children being born in Cesurius. The country’s strong laws and traditions stated that no one with any disability was allowed to function in society at all.

Troy grew up having to deal with the fact that his brother was disabled and their parents had to hide him from the guards who went out at night raiding houses in search of disabled people. If found, those people were shipped off to various institutions all over the country, never to be seen by their families again. Troy was not very happy at having to lie about Trevor’s condition, but he knew that it was better for his family and himself if Trevor was not caught, as the penalty for hiding a disabled person would range from years in prison to execution.

Troy earned good marks in school, but he knew he was no genius. He was described as loyal, mature, and sensible, but he also caved in easily to others, which would not look good in his future.

However, when Troy was 15 years old, there had been a raid on his neighborhood and several disabled people were detained. But they refused to go down so easily, and they fought in the streets for their freedom. Most of the citizens were caught in the struggle, which lasted nearly three weeks. People all over the country had soon heard about the fighting in Point Pointtree and they begged President Patrick Gallagher to put down the revolt. By the time the fight ended, scores of people were rounded up and executed for their part in the riot. Faramond and Vanessa were among those who were killed in the riot.

Troy was now an orphan and the sole caregiver of Trevor. He had to quit school and take care of Trevor, always protecting him and making sure that he was not seen by the neighbors, who had turned on the Branden family for their role in the riot that had killed many innocent people, including themselves. Troy realized that because he dropped out of school, he had compromised his future, and he never liked to compromise, often caving in to the other person’s opinions if necessary.

He had been last seen wearing a blue shirt with orange lining on the sides, blue jeans, and blue shoes. Troy had been with Trevor in the park in their neighborhood of Point Pointtree when a stranger accosted him. Before he knew what was happening, he was suddenly snatched away and no one knew where he had gone.

Trevor was the only person who saw the kidnapping, but since he was retarded, no one believed him. Troy had been taking care of his brother since their parents died two years before, and most of the neighbors there disliked Troy and detested Trevor. So, there was no one able to help him when his brother was kidnapped.

Troy’s kidnapping was soon forgotten and Trevor was sent to the Ebis Institution for the Criminally Insane for Troy may have been kidnapped, the people there felt that he had somehow caused his brother’s death.

But Troy had no idea that his life was about to change forever, and that his fate was bound to that of another person he had yet to meet…



© 2011 Claire Violet Thorpe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on October 24, 2011
Last Updated on October 24, 2011


Author

Claire Violet Thorpe
Claire Violet Thorpe

Folsom, CA



About
I am the soon-to-be next big writer...or will become the next big writer eventually! more..

Writing