Forever There

Forever There

A Story by Christina

     The warmth from the blazing sun warmed her shoulders as she spun in the dancing grass. Closing her eyes, she smiles as she spins beneath the fading, blue sky. With each passing minute, the clouds fade into a shade darker than before. Inhaling deeply, she opens her eyes as the distant, mountainous hills blur her vision. The white gown she wears flies around her, the tattered lace brushing the tops of the grass, as she grins at the smudged lines of blue and purple. Leaning her head back, the wind feathers her skin and calves.

            Streams of air whisper into her ear as she continues twirling in the pulsating gusts.

            “We’ll be together soon. Be free; let go. It won’t be long,” it whispers.

            Her eyelids flutter shut and she smiles once more. As the air around her begins to fly by faster, she continues to dance among the darkening horizon. A tear streams down her cheek, trickling down the nape of her neck. Her face begins to crumble as her ballet slows to a halt. A second stream slithers down her face as the wind carries her loud sobs into the mountains. Her wrinkled gown tickles her thighs and calves as it constricts her body from the waist down. The air still snakes around her, toying and playing with her as it murmurs soothing words to her ear.

            “Our time will come. I’m always here—just look up. Even if you can’t see me, I’ll always be watching,” it whispers.

            Bricks collide into her chest as her hand flies to her mouth. The pulsating wind persists, continuing to carry her agonizing sobs as they vibrate through the mountains. More streams tickle down her cheeks as she thrusts her head upwards, and screams. The clouds, now a dark grey, nearly camouflage against the fading skyline.

            With her mouth hung open, she sobs in attempt to rid the rock that is shoved in her throat. Sitting down, the swaying grass envelops her body as she hugs her knees to her chest and rests her head onto her folded arms. The waving strands encourage her to look up as the wind subsides around her curled body.

            Surrendering to the persuading streamers that continue to tickle her arms, she looks upward and examines the now starry sky. The wind instantly freezes the streams of tears on her neck and cheeks. The melodies of ribbons continue to whisper restful words into her ears. Leaning back, she rests the back of her head onto the folded grass and tucks her hands over her stomach.

            With vanished tears, she watches the shimmering clusters of stars above her as they shroud the blackened sky. With a smile upon her face, her eyes flutter shut. The streams of air snake around her as they murmur their comforting words to her once more.

            “I’m always here. In the gusts of wind, in each breath of air you take, in each raindrop that may fall, in every cloud above your head, and in every star you may see. Never forget, I’ll always be there…Even if you can’t see me.”

 

© 2009 Christina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on March 17, 2009

Author

Christina
Christina

Houston, TX



Writing