Untitled

Untitled

A Story by Christina
"

A story I wrote for my English class. I'd really appreciate helpful feedback. [:

"

 

It was a fairly normal day. The sky was its usual color of purple, the sea was as red as it always was, and the humming dragons perched on the surrounding rainbow-leaved oaks seemed just fine for young Sebrina. The wind was blowing just a little harder than usual, as she gazed upon the horizon. As her eyes followed one of the mini-sea dragons buzzing around her face, her eyes settled on a strange looking sailboat in the distance. Its silver wood glistened in the distance, reflecting the red sea it rested on, and the blue sails seemed to pulse in rhythm with the gusts of wind. The blue sails deepened and turned pink. It lingered on pink and purple for a few seconds before the wood entered a shade darker than the red water. The purple sails brightened, turning various shades of yellow and blue before entering a color of neon green. Sebrina's eyes widened with curiosity as the sailboat maneauvered between the psycadelic colorings. It almost seemed as if it were a giant painting. The sailboat seemed too unreal, nearly dream-like, as it took flight and soared high, pausing amidst the clouds. Something abruptly fell beside her as she was staring at the cloud the sailboat disappeared into. She looked at the rope hanging from somewhere in the sky above her. Out of curiosity, she took hold of the rope and tugged slightly. Nothing happened, so, assuming it was safe, she began to climb. After a few minutes of climbing, she glanced up, and above her she could see the outline of what appeared to be a big, pulsing oval. The rope she was climbing was attatched to the side of the boat in the sky. She climbed up the side, slipped, and fell. After falling flat on her face, she regained her eyesight and looked up from the glittering deck of the sailboat. Hovering in front of her face were three purple seahorses. They were only about as big as a quarter, and their eyes were round with fear, staring at the unfamiliar human. She shoed them away quickly and hopped to her feet. When she looked above and around, she couldn't help but stare in awe at the miraculous sight before her. All sea creatures, from sharks to dolphins to manta-rays, in all different shapes and sizes imagined, dotted the purple sky above. Seconds seemed like eternities; everything stopped; time froze. A bright flash of light burned her eyes, blinding her for a split second. Sebrina suddenly jerked awake from the big lily-pad she must have dozed off on her walk to the nearby beach. She stood up and began pacing towards the shore, thinking about the repeating images in her head. She feared what may or may not be waiting on the horizon for her. When she reached the shore, she carefully scanned the long line of water, and, sure enough, there it was. Its silver wood and blue sails seemed to pulse in rhythm with the gusts of wind...

© 2008 Christina


Author's Note

Christina
Thank you, Ashley and Lindsay, for helping me come up with some of the ideas for this story. [:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on October 20, 2008

Author

Christina
Christina

Houston, TX



Writing