Fallen Chapter Twenty

Fallen Chapter Twenty

A Story by Chistie

 

               Chapter Twenty
 
  “What? When?” I was starting to calm down; Colby helped me to stand up. Hearing my screams the other Stars came to the kitchen.
 “He never showed up to his meeting, so some where between hear and New York.” I let out a little hysterical laugh but tried to choke it down. Now was not the time to panic or lose my head, I had to save Cooper.
 Marcus stood behind me, laying a hand on my shoulder. Not caring that everyone was watching I threw myself in to his arms. He held me close, rubbing my back, telling me it would be okay, that we would find Cooper. I lost all sense of calm and started to sob, soaking Marcus’s shirt, he did not seem to notice as he led me to the living room.
 “We need to hurry. You need to be strong, for Cooper.” Marcus whispered in my ear as he let me go.
 “You’re right.” I sniffled, stifling my cries for now.
 The group had followed us in to the living room and Colby clapped everyone seats. She stood in front of the group a marker in her hand.
 “The most likely place for Nicolai to have grabbed Cooper would be here in Jackson. He would have been relaxed at the airport, even though the Light had attacked here in Jackson, Cooper would have felt safer without Kennley. Maybe he thought Nicolai would not attack a Watcher by himself.” She sounded dubious and I know why. Nicolai would attack a Watcher by himself or with a Star; it did not matter to him. Therefore, why then had Cooper been captured and not killed. My mind could not come up with any reasonable explanations for Nicolai’s behavior.
 “Okay assuming Cooper and Nicolai are here in Jackson, how do we find them?” Marcus was still sitting very close to me, his hand on mine. My hand burned in his but I did not care.  
 “I was hoping that Kennley would be able to do that. Her and Cooper have formed a bond and I think we could use that to find him. Of course Cassidy will be helping.” She smiled slightly at her little brother but the smile did not touch her eyes.
 “How is Cassidy going to help?” I was confused why he would be helpful.
 “His ability is tracking. He can find someone by listening for his or her voice. Not the voice they speak with but the voice in their head, like their soul.”
 “But I thought that was Dixon’s ability?” I was really confused now.
   “Dixon can sense someone’s aura, not their voice. Cassidy can hear the soul; he knows what they are thinking. With you thinking about Cooper, Cassidy will listen for his soul and try to find out where Nicolai took him. All of our special abilities deal with the soul.” She inclined her head to Albert and continued, “Albert can talk to the soul of someone who has passed, Toshia can guide a soul and Alorha can heal a soul, like she heals a body and I can see the souls wrong doings, like Dixon but I get a clearer picture of what they have done. Marcus can see the future of the soul; he senses what the out come will be.” Her voice trailed off and I felt another wave sadness for Colby and a little angry at Marcus, if he could see the future than how was Cooper man-napped.
 “What about me? What is my ability?” I looked at Colby as I said this, searching her face.
 “You, Kennley, have the ability to do all seven. You have a different destiny than the rest of us. You and Nicolai will combine forces and destroy us all.”  She slowly looked me in the eyes and I knew that she was telling the truth. There was a collective gasp as everyone except Marcus moved away from me.
 Then with a wave of nausea, I remembered what Nicolai and I had talked about. About how I would come to him and we would be together ruling over the weak. Betraying them all for the Light, not being able to stop any of it.
 “No, I do not believe that. I love Cooper and all of you to much to do that.” I was positive in my declaration. I would not betray them.
 “You will not have a choice. It is in the Stars, you will betray us.” Colby looked crestfallen, as if she just put down her favorite pet.
 “I cannot allow you to betray us, so after you help us find Cooper you will be locked in your room.” She did not look at me as she said all this. I was to be locked away like a prisoner, not allowed to help find my one true love.
 “Okay but what if you need me, what if Nicolai defeats all of you and I’m not there to help?” I was shaking with fear at the thought of none of them coming back. I looked around at my friends and petty enemies and broke down in sobs. I could not let them leave with out me.
 “Do not fear for us. We will find Cooper and defeat the Light.” Her voice shook but her face was calm and determined.
 “Okay, let’s get started. Cassidy and Kennley will you please come with me?” Colby took Cassidy’s hand and started leading him towards the dining room. 
 “Do not worry, I know you won’t betray us I can feel it but that is only if you stay here like Colby says.” Marcus’s whisper was hard to hear above all of the commotion going on around us. I looked over at him and saw that he was not looking at me but at his hand on mine. I felt my face grow hot and automatically leaned in to him but moved away just as quick. I moved away from him standing and heading for the dining room. Feeling a sense of loss in my hands.  
 I found Cassidy and Colby sitting at the other end of the dining room table, talking to each other heatedly.
  “She isn’t like that, she would never,” Cassidy trailed off as I cleared my throat announcing my arrival.
 “All right Kennley come over here and have a seat.” She motioned for me to sit across from Cassidy.
 “Now I want you to just think of Cooper, his voice, his scent, the way he looks. The more detail the better.” Cassidy reached across the table and took my hands, wrapping his large hands around mine.
 I closed my eyes and pictured Cooper in my mind. Pictured the way his face lit up whenever he touched my hand, the way his skin was hot against mine as we lay in each other’s arms.
  Cassidy cleared his throat, telling me that the line of thought I was on was too much. I blushed scarlet and moved on to another train of thought.
    I was thinking of the times we all went to the movies, talking and having fun, not worrying about Nicolai, when the sounds of the house around me disappeared and I could hear Cooper’s voice, calm and calculating. He was thinking about me, the way my hair blew in the wind, the way I always made a face at the smell of popcorn.
   “Cooper.” I thought in my head and was surprised that Cooper mentally jumped.
 “Kennley?” He asked more happy than surprised now.
   “Can you hear me?” I was still surprised and a little shaky.
  “Oh Kennley, yes I can hear you. What is going on?”
   “Cassidy and I are trying to find you. Do you know where you are?” I was so close to tears, they stung the back of my eyes.
   “Yes, but you cannot come. It is a trap; Nicolai only took me so he could lure you here. Promise me you will not come.” His inner voice shook, I could not contain myself any more; sobbing harder than I have ever before I broke the connection and ran up the grand staircase.

© 2008 Chistie


Author's Note

Chistie
I'm not sure I like this chapter, tell me what you think and tell me what you think I should change. Please ignore grammar!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I find it intersting the way that you have developed the characters and their individual powers. Some of the dialog is written very literal where i felt it could be shortened to give a feel of actual conversation. Example - I do not think that we could have been ...I don't think that we could've been...

This is just an observation and not so much a critisism. I tip my hat to anyone who can put together such complex ideas and put them into story form . Entertaining your readers and holdong their interest. The character development , the plot , the twists, the mystery, the magic....all verydifficult a task and done so very well . I am sorry that its taken me so long to get back to your story . I am enjoying the unfolding of your supernatural story. GREAT WORK !!!

Mr. Lopez

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like it and everything seems to fit. K's talents, the idea of betrayal and a looming showdown.

Posted 16 Years Ago


i loved it....especailly the part where she can do what all 7 of them can. its like "ha! im ur superior" only shes not....yet...anyways...OH!



u should so so so so make her join forces with nicolai and double cross him. kill him. save the stars. save cooper. save the worrld and all1!!!!!!



Or whatever you had in mind lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


Perhaps a bit more detail of the search? Still it will serve as a good lead in to the next chapter.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..