Memories

Memories

A Poem by soul music
"

I have been musing over memories these last few weeks. Remembering the good times. this piece was sort of inspired by a conversation with Daves friend Andrew...

"

Every one thinks you are vulgar. scrabbling in your own mess,

dirty, naked and unkempt they look down on you.

These people cant see what i see, the beauty of grace, the rich textures of your history, the innocence and the sense of right that being filial to your family brings.

 

They say your not religious, that the way you govern your life is naive. But i know different, i can see the real you through my own eyes, and not through the eyes of our western ideals. They seek to rape you, to tame your power, they have hunger in their eyes. But i am different.

I love you. Not for your text book bound description but for your soul. You breathe and I sigh for our memories.

To me you are a fair maiden dancing beneath the cherry blossoms, you will always fill my head with rich emotion and I long to hold you close to me again and dance that sweet dance we once knew.

© 2008 soul music


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on July 6, 2008
Last Updated on July 6, 2008

Author

soul music
soul music

bendigo, Australia



About
i like stuff, reading is fun, in particular i read fantasy novels, manga and comics, and i dont really like much else. more..

Writing