Addiction Counselling in Dubai-Helping you Live Normally Again

Addiction Counselling in Dubai-Helping you Live Normally Again

A Story by Gregor Kowal
"

During anxiety, the following symptoms may occur and peak quickly in around 10 minutes; palpitations, sweating, trembling, shortness of breath, chest pain, feeling of choking, nausea, feeling dizzy.

"
Stress levels are on the rise globally, so it's no surprise that experts based here in the UAE are witnessing an increase in reported health disorders related to the pressures of work and the demands of a 24-hour society. We all worry and feel anxious sometimes. It can be a normal response to a situation that is threatening to us such as walking past an angry dog or having money worries. Anxiety becomes a problem when the feelings that we have are prolonged or occur when there is no threat.

Depression Treatment has distinguished for two different types of anxiety. In Panic disorder the main problem is recurrent panic attacks which occur spontaneously or when triggered by certain situations. A panic attack is a period of intense fear often accompanied by a sense of imminent danger or impending doom and an urge to escape. Ingeneralized anxiety disorder (GAD) the main feature is excessive anxiety and worry. The symptoms are less intense than in panic disorder and the onset is gradual. Social Anxiety Disorders Treatment in Dubai, UAE has helped many patients to live  a normal social life once again.

Counselling using an approach called Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is the first choice treatment for anxiety disorders. This includes education about anxiety and learning relaxation and breathing techniques to help cope with anxious feelings. The counsellor will help the client to reduce any avoidance or safety behaviors as these are what lead to the vicious cycle of anxiety. Specific worries and distress are also explored and the counsellor will help the client to problem solve to prevent any relapses of anxiety.Addiction and depression often go hand in hand. Depression may be the reason an addict begins using drugs or alcohol. Or, it may develop as the addiction progresses.

Depression is a terrible feeling. Doctors define depression as feeling down or "blue," on more days than not, for at least two weeks. This is different from feeling stressed out or sad about something. Depression often seems to happen without a good reason. The person may feel sad without knowing exactly why. Activities that would normally cheer him/her up aren't fun anymore. Even getting out of bed can be difficult. Kicking the prescription drug abuse habit -- or any other addiction -- is a major accomplishment. But for most people with addiction, detox is only the beginning of a long-term battle against craving and relapse.

Addiction Counseling is an essential part of drug abuse treatment for many people. Cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, and other therapy approaches can help people recovering from addiction stay clean. Psychotherapy can also treat the other health conditions that often contribute to prescription drug abuse.

Author Bio:
The author is a professional author who has penned down many articles on depression treatment. To know more about social anxiety disorders treatment Dubai, UAE, read articles written by him or go through his blogs, for more information visit www.chmc-dubai.com

© 2015 Gregor Kowal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
1 Review
Added on April 22, 2015
Last Updated on April 22, 2015
Tags: Depression Treatment, Social Anxiety Disorders Treatme, UAE