Sharp Your Knowledge with Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders

Sharp Your Knowledge with Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders

A Story by Gregor Kowal
"

Sharp Your Knowledge with Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders

"

There are many different types and categories of these disorders that are briefly mentioned in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders for an exact referral. Dubai provides high standard of health care and it has several medical clinics to meet these purposes.

Mental disorders are a serious health problem as compared to all the forms of cancer or other parasitic diseases because they afflict a higher number of people falling under the different age groups, from small children to grown up adults or elderly people. Moreover, if you total up the disability, comfort, lost productivity, absence from work, disturbance at home, etc., caused by these disorders, it will all sum up incalculable. According to the estimates of the health experts, more than one in five Americans, is affected by one or another type of mental disorder. The bitter truth is that despite the progress and the development that the medical science has made till now, there are many mental conditions that are still incurable and untreatable.

What is a Manual of Mental Disorders?

As discussed above, every mental disorder has its own symptoms, diagnosis, causes and treatment, this is why, it becomes important for the medical professional to first determine the type of mental disorder the patient is suffering with. It is here that the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, i.e., DSM come in the role. It is a brief classification of several mental disorders, which provides the exact knowledge upon the diagnostic system of the mental disorders and helps in standardizing the psychiatric diagnostic categories and criteria.

Uses and Advantages

1>This manual is used by mental health professionals for easily determining the patient’s exact diagnosis results and further, categorizing them on their diagnosis criteria, be it for treatment or for research purposes.
   
2>Different health conditions or situations call for different definitions; each and every type of category of mental disorder is mentioned in this manual to provide the clarity to the health professional.
Basic Knowledge

DSM is basically a publication done by the American Psychiatric Association in order to provide a clear and standardized criteria for the mental order classification. And this is why, it is widely used by researchers, pharmaceutical companies, clinicians, and many similar professionals in the medical industry.

Mental Disorder Treatment In Dubai

For your quick reference, CHMC, Clinic for Health and Medical Care Dubai is a psychiatry and psychotherapy clinic. It is a mulch-professional-team of experts that is dedicated to providing a broad spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic measures to all its mental disorder patients. They accumulate, interpret and categorize the data accurately for diagnosing the exact disorder the patient is suffering with to start with the most effective treatment.  

Author Bio:

The above page has been written by a healthcare professional from a renowned Clinic for Health and Medical Care Dubai. For any kind of mental disorder, He suggests referring to a mental health care expert because they make an accurate diagnosis with reference to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

© 2015 Gregor Kowal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on January 10, 2015
Last Updated on January 10, 2015
Tags: Clinic for Health and Medical Ca, Diagnostic and Statistical Manua