Soldier

Soldier

A Poem by Marie Harrison
"

A diamante poem about soldiers

"

soldiers

brave, fearless

protecting, defending, preserving

brave-hearts, heroes, savages, mongrels

murdering, forcing, terrorizing

evil, sneaky

terrorists

© 2010 Marie Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poem tells the truth. It is where you are standing. Here in the USA our Soldiers are heroes. But standing in a foreign land. The people of that country see men who want to steal and take. A outstanding poem. You wrote the truth.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

How clever, I love this. Soldiers as seen from both sides of the battle field.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very strong piece, really puts a lot of issues forward, I like it. It is true that soldiers are not better than the enemy that they're fighting, but they themselves can see this and, in the end, they're doing their job. After all, if they're not there when the time comes, they'd be savages for not being there to protect those it is their duty to protect. However, at the same time it is astonishing what they're doing to one another - it is hard to put down, but on one hand they're doing good and the other bad; all one can say is that this is their job, this is what they've been told to do and so they must. My brother's in the army, training to be a chef in Germany at the moment - though he wants to go into bomb disposal or something more "epic" than being a chef.
Anyways, waffling now. This was a great strong piece here, I enjoyed it, keep it up~

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like how short and simple it is. I think it makes the point all the more strong!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This tells the truth from both sides of the spectrum. even thought you are only using adj. in this piece it makes your point quite clearly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You've captured the feeling of a nation with this. Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thats just the fact about soilders! Soilders are hero, who protect us from evils. I love this poem, although I suggest to change the grey colour to another colour, it seems a little too hard to read.
Your words have told the truth, amazing job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice work, this sure was great, and i love the shape of this poem! your words sure ring true and deep. awesome work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your poem tells the truth. It is where you are standing. Here in the USA our Soldiers are heroes. But standing in a foreign land. The people of that country see men who want to steal and take. A outstanding poem. You wrote the truth.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1064 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2010
Last Updated on May 31, 2010

Author

Marie Harrison
Marie Harrison

Atlanta, GA



About
Momma told me to get out and enjoy life, so now I'm going to dance. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Love

A Poem by Marie Harrison