Norwegian Wood

Norwegian Wood

A Poem by charlie
"

After a book of the same name by Mytting and, oddly enough, the film: Forest Gump

"

Lars stacked a pontoon with fire wood on there; he liked the view it made. It was proper work, he declared: the monument of mounted blocks; the felling and the dicing... In the coldness of weather it floats his boat and his wife is grateful, too: “It will shelter the crickets, dear.”

Well,.. from his beard Lars brushed some crumbs; they mixed with shavings on the deck. Another Spring had just begun, but then he felt his feet grow wet: “Am I sinking into sentiment, dear?” He shook his head with disbelief, but then again - to Lars’ relief - was proper work he’d done.






© 2016 charlie


Author's Note

charlie
I recall a scene from the film, Forest Gump, where he's running across the country. He seems pretty content to just keep running, because simply: he just feels like running. But then there's various people who come along and they each proscribe there own meaning to what Forest does, and why he's doing it... Meanwhile, Mr Gump remains oblivious. I just love that...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quirky and slightly left field, but quite wonderfully so.

I love the scene you paint; a man perfectly content with a good job done. His wife, not so much long suffering, as more watching fondly as her man obtains such immense satisfaction from method and order.

Loved this to bits.

Beccy.

Posted 7 Years Ago


charlie

7 Years Ago

Hi Beccy. Thanks for taking the time. I've enjoyed visiting your writing again. too!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 23, 2016
Last Updated on March 23, 2016
Tags: wood; rural; country; wife; husb

Author

charlie
charlie

Australia



About
more..

Writing
Shine Shine

A Poem by charlie


We Three We Three

A Poem by charlie