Porn Addicts Anonymous

Porn Addicts Anonymous

A Poem by charlie
"

and impressionable young women

"


Through to shady tomes, there the glowing creep

Dislocates his lattice with cool blue strain.


           Anneal, sweet lady…            Your glorious pain

           enchants his sickness and wrests him from sleep:


                            Sweetest vanilla will reptiles weep:

                               Avow to keep bright the whitest of flame


                                 that will not falter, nor die in the rain,

                                    but fount without end from reverence deep...


 


So it is written:          let no lazy thought

rend you as senseless as chalk dusted stone

 

            whenever you need; desire; or moan

            in poverty which fills you yet with nought…


 


                             Girl, hold your nerve where want may wretched go

                             Lest dignity and your virtue be bought.


 


 




 

© 2014 charlie


Author's Note

charlie
also titled: "How to make a Pigs Ear of a Petrarchan sonnet" ...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent piece, Charlie. I had to read it a few times over to piece together the subtle nuances, and the beautiful language that took me deep into another era, maybe Victorian? Or touch of Irish? The other thing, is the subject matter, which drew me in and allowed me, in a very gentle manner, to embrace it. For nothing bothers me more than the predatory nature, and to be fair, both of men & women, here on the internet. Here, even on the wc. I like the way the author whispers firmly, into the mind of the naive and impressionable woman, that her lonely spaces may be ever expanding, and her desire to romanticize a friendship (maybe, even a real seduction ...), might be innocent, but there are real consequences at the other end of this game, namely dignity. "Virtue." And self respect.

A must read. especially here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Every time I encounter a poet on this site who actually puts thought and effort into their work, I actually feel bad about how standoffish I tend to be towards Writers Cafe poets. Good work opens us up to other art forms; it leads us to appreciate their value, to confront our own close-mindedness, and entertain possibilities. That's what this poem has done for me. Thank you.

I'm not much of a poet myself, so I actually had to look up Petrarchan sonnets, and I see that you've stayed true to the form. Your words are very well used and evoke beautiful imagery. Unfortunately, I'm stuck wondering what the piece means exactly, and have to ask you: what exactly inspired this? I apologize for my ignorance and such a wordy review, but I didn't feel right just saying "nice work!" and leaving it at that.

Anyway, thank you again. Be well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


charlie

10 Years Ago

Thank you, El. I welcome your enquiry... This poem was inspired by those unfortunate attempts and oc.. read more
J. Land

10 Years Ago

Very well observed and craftily written. You can never be too careful.
Your title bought me here, good read truly enjoyed thanks for sharing...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Offbeat perfection, that's what I see here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


WOW....very interesting! Good writing though! Nice to meet you Charlie!

Posted 10 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1051 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2014
Last Updated on February 12, 2014

Author

charlie
charlie

Australia



About
more..

Writing
Shine Shine

A Poem by charlie


We Three We Three

A Poem by charlie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..