A Present

A Present

A Chapter by cemily

I never really understood the purpose of a journal, but I was given this one so perhaps I will learn. I feel as though, when given a gift, I must use it to the full extent of my ability so I will learn through experience.



The world has always seemed so strange to me. For example, what is the reason we do the things we do? Is it to be happy or for money? Both seem so unimportant in the big scheme of things. I know most would not agree with at least one of those, but what's life without a little controversy. Who’s to say we will even remember being happy? So that rules that out does it not? There has to be more to it… There just has to be a reason for there to be life and happiness and misery and achievement. I see no point in pretending that the happiness of any one person, even yourself, is significant in any way shape or form. Don’t get me wrong I am not saying to go and be miserable or to cause others to become miserable. There’s just no point in being nice or mean.


I’m not entirely sure what I am trying to say to be entirely honest to you. I suppose it is simply that I do understand the point to anything at the moment. I don’t know maybe it doesn’t matter either. I suppose I am simply saying that I do not understand the point in life. I highly doubt this is the proper way to use a journal, but very little actually happens in my life so using this as a diary is next to impossible. I will make an effort to fill this journal with better and far less trivial writing.



© 2015 cemily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on August 28, 2015
Last Updated on August 28, 2015


Author

cemily
cemily

PA



About
My name is Emily, a totally uncommon name I know. I have gone through a lot, and so I try my best to relate to and help everyone I meet. I hope to become a successful writer and any feedback is great.. more..

Writing
Burnt Love Burnt Love

A Poem by cemily