The Still Small Voice

The Still Small Voice

A Poem by Carole

Nothing in all of the world has changed my life more radically

than my relationship with

 

   The Creator of the Universe.

 

He speaks in so many different ways…

through the scriptures, through other people,

through my Pastor, through circumstances and experiences.

 

But when He chooses to gift me by speaking to me

in His still small voice, it is then that

 

All of the world stands STILL

 

He reaches down into the very depths of my being

  And moves me

  

  Beyond words

 

It is in those moments

  That I am changed.

 

Mere words cannot explain the wonder

  

I am awe struck

 

That the Creator of the Universe can speak to all of his children at once if He chooses.

 

  That’s Omnipresence

 

That the Omnipotent God that decorated the sky

With the moon, and hung the stars in the sky one by one

  To illuminate the night

And christened the sky with the sun to light the day

    

Would speak to ME

 

Who am I

 

That the Lord of all the earth

 

Would care to call my name?

 

 

As I stretched out in the warmth of my hot tub

  Admiring the canopy of stars above me,

 

I heard His voice

 

The still small voice of the Lord…

 

“Do you see the stars,” He asked?

 

 “Yes, Lord.”

 

“Do you see all of them?”

 

“No, the sky is expansive and my vision is limited,” I told Him.

 

 “Since you can’t see ALL of the stars, does it make it any less true that they are ALL there?”

 

“No Lord.”

 

“This very same thing applies to what you are believing for.  Though you know it is coming, your perspective is limited and that can make you doubt that it is.  Guard your heart from the seeds of doubt and unbelief that can abort what you are standing in faith for.  Faith is believing without seeing. It is the very substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. That’s what makes it blind faith.”

 

Once again,

 

I am honored

 

By the Still Small Voice that calls my name. 

 

 

 

© 2009 Carole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow...........I am awe struck by this piece Carole.....Truely a lovely inspiring piece of writing...As GOD is my king, I believe without seeing, I know he is there to guide me, to help me do what is right along my journey through this life.....Very well written.....

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So true are these words.. and just like in our Bible you have God's words in red.. and that he speaks to you is wonderful.. im going to look for my old poem when i feel he spoke to me.. always questioning.. which is not supposed to be but sometimes i do..
Your poem , it is a very inspirational one that i am so glad to have read and thank you for sharing and getting his message out..

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

This is so beautiful and so true. Very inspiring also! I see you like Casting Crowns too! :) I really did feel what you were writing, many nights I sat and just felt His presence around me and heard His voice in my heart.....I really related to this piece, thanks for sharing it.

Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
One never forgets the perfect moments spent with Him when only you and He commune. It's humbling, inspiring, encouraging, overwhelming. It's as perfect as it can get... here... for now.
Until then. Thank you for sharing.



Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Wow...........I am awe struck by this piece Carole.....Truely a lovely inspiring piece of writing...As GOD is my king, I believe without seeing, I know he is there to guide me, to help me do what is right along my journey through this life.....Very well written.....

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Mac you are the best. This is a surmon unto itself and a needed one in todays church. In Salem back in 1640 you would have been burned as a witch for what you just expressed. Now not even our good minsters says these word enough. I would like permission to pass this along to my minister. Thank you so much for these words.

Posted 17 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

529 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on January 1, 2009

Author

Carole
Carole

Rio Rancho, NM



About
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore... And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sweet Release Sweet Release

A Poem by Carole


Silent Decade Silent Decade

A Poem by Bubo