The Still Small Voice

The Still Small Voice

A Poem by Carole

Nothing in all of the world has changed my life more radically

than my relationship with

 

   The Creator of the Universe.

 

He speaks in so many different ways…

through the scriptures, through other people,

through my Pastor, through circumstances and experiences.

 

But when He chooses to gift me by speaking to me

in His still small voice, it is then that

 

All of the world stands STILL

 

He reaches down into the very depths of my being

  And moves me

  

  Beyond words

 

It is in those moments

  That I am changed.

 

Mere words cannot explain the wonder

  

I am awe struck

 

That the Creator of the Universe can speak to all of his children at once if He chooses.

 

  That’s Omnipresence

 

That the Omnipotent God that decorated the sky

With the moon, and hung the stars in the sky one by one

  To illuminate the night

And christened the sky with the sun to light the day

    

Would speak to ME

 

Who am I

 

That the Lord of all the earth

 

Would care to call my name?

 

 

As I stretched out in the warmth of my hot tub

  Admiring the canopy of stars above me,

 

I heard His voice

 

The still small voice of the Lord…

 

“Do you see the stars,” He asked?

 

 “Yes, Lord.”

 

“Do you see all of them?”

 

“No, the sky is expansive and my vision is limited,” I told Him.

 

 “Since you can’t see ALL of the stars, does it make it any less true that they are ALL there?”

 

“No Lord.”

 

“This very same thing applies to what you are believing for.  Though you know it is coming, your perspective is limited and that can make you doubt that it is.  Guard your heart from the seeds of doubt and unbelief that can abort what you are standing in faith for.  Faith is believing without seeing. It is the very substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. That’s what makes it blind faith.”

 

Once again,

 

I am honored

 

By the Still Small Voice that calls my name. 

 

 

 

© 2009 Carole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow...........I am awe struck by this piece Carole.....Truely a lovely inspiring piece of writing...As GOD is my king, I believe without seeing, I know he is there to guide me, to help me do what is right along my journey through this life.....Very well written.....

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love it, thank you Carole. When you give your all, in the silence He Tell's you" I AM With YOU", it's all I need
to know to keep me going, with a smile on my face because I know the true. Thank you for all you do.
God Bless you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is one of your best pieces. It flows and has a resonance about it. The thoughts are well expressed and the ending poignant! Good write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am so impressed by the way you expressed this. I have could not find the words to truely do justice to this feeling. It is a humbling thing and yet so impowering at the same time. you did this beautifully. Bravo.
Hugs Debby

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is beautiful Carole. I am glad that God talked to you and you shared this with me. The smartest thing that I have heard was a statement - "my ability to understand God - is limited by - my ability to understand God.

Once again, thank you for sharing your faith with me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Carole, this is breathtaking spiritual poetry. Your faith obviously gives you tremendous comfort and serenity. Inspirational beauty here. Lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like this poem starting about the time that you're speaking to the Lord about the stars. I still get a little...twitchy about religion, but as I've said before in past reviews, I like the sense of peace this brings at the end. I imagine that many people felt this way in Christ's presence, filled with awe and wonder and serenity. I also like the imagery of the infinite nature of the sky versus the infinite nature of faith and God. Good write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Carole..anything writen that is positive about god and His Son..our Savior is very special to me..I could not live without that inner voice that comforts me and tells me "NO" when I want something He knows I shouldn't have..I live my life for Him and thankfully I came from a Christian family..evenly my mop was Jewish nationality..Nice write...God bless Valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago


Carole, this was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous and thank you so much for sharing it with us. There is nothing to review here. I just want to thank you again for allowing us to share your joy with us. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


I couldn't remember, this morning, if I had read any of your work. I could kick myself now. This work was absolutely beautiful, grandiose in idea but simple enough in word that a child could understand. Reading this was a wonderful way to start my day. I look forward to reading more on a day when I'm not leaving to go camping and still haven't packed. God bless you in your ministries.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey there - I thought this was a pretty cool piece of work and, whilst not being religious in any sense of the word whatsoever, I really enjoyed this. People, obviously, have different ideas as to who their specific 'Creator' is and I think that this pretty much speaks to all of them. A really nice piece of work. Cheers!

(Thanks to Greg The Bard for poking this under my nose).

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

529 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on January 1, 2009

Author

Carole
Carole

Rio Rancho, NM



About
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore... And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sweet Release Sweet Release

A Poem by Carole