Intro.

Intro.

A Poem by Cristian V.
"

I'm new to poetry so this is an experiment. It's my reaction to the rap songs that i was listening to.

"

I’m rediscovering.

 

Seeing you for the first time

seeing,

that we connect.  

 

That your desires are mine,

and that your words describe perfect feelings

that I’ve had.

 

You make Me want to waste my invisible fortune; to spend it all on some new diamonds for your grill.

 

It’s like I don’t even recognize these words anymore.

 

Symbols speak to me like the scars on your skin speak to the world.

 

And the cage bars they don’t mean anything,

And all the clichés that you use, no more than distractions.

Words meant to make us feel closer, to make us feel like we are one mind seeing out of four eyes.

 

All those friends that you shout out to: nothing but ghosts: and that’s not an insult.

© 2011 Cristian V.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The way that you try to bring out the rap song that you were listening to is really intrigueing! I especially like the like "and all the clishes you use, no more than distractions." Perhaps you could do this with another type of song too to continue your experiement with poetry!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The way that you try to bring out the rap song that you were listening to is really intrigueing! I especially like the like "and all the clishes you use, no more than distractions." Perhaps you could do this with another type of song too to continue your experiement with poetry!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Added on September 3, 2011
Last Updated on September 3, 2011

Author

Cristian V.
Cristian V.

Los Angeles, CA



About
I am a recently graduated, writer looking for inspiration, writing practice, and hopefully to be part of a writing community. more..