Fair and Foul

Fair and Foul

A Poem by Chris Shaw

witness
a young woman
educated in hate
whose finely chiseled looks
are drop dead gorgeous

until she speaks

when that full kissable
pout opens
to an estuary of abuse

a torrent of profanity
gushes forth
spouting excrement

how her features morph
contort to ugly

her dark eyes violent
her lips spit bullets of venom
ice crystals splinter
in her frozen heart
as she celebrates

death and torture
of innocent civilians

without an iota
of compassion nor a
tear of remorse
while poison courses her veins

a cancer unchecked
planted and nurtured
in her creator’s
fractured garden

© 2023 Chris Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

In America we refer to these types of women as "Karen". Mix an attitude of entitlement, lack of respect, and self awareness with alcohol and it's always a good time. Unfortunately, these people tend to breed and this attitude/disposition gets taught to the children at too young an age to give them a real chance at not being horrible adults... and the cycle begins again. It's really just different variations of borderline personality disorder in my opinion.

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

8 Months Ago

We have Karens too David and I agree with what you say. This character was far worse than any Karen... read more
Davidgeo

8 Months Ago

Yeah, i kinda misinterpreted this one a little bit didn't i?



Reviews

Beauty does not confer humanity upon a soul Empathy upon a being. Never judge the book by the cover. Sad times we live in.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

9 Months Ago

How right you are Tate. Many thanks for sharing your thoughts. All good wishes.

Chri.. read more
it is indeed a fractured garden in which weeds are ever increasing
I understand England has suffered some major protests
will the prisoner exchange help cure the young lady's vocabulary, I have my doubts
have a pleasant aft.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

9 Months Ago

Thank you Dave. We have had major protests. I don’t think the prisoner exchange will make the slig.. read more
Dave Brown

9 Months Ago

✔️ ✔️
WOW, this packs a punch! Your imagery allowed me to picture the scene. Some of these protests boggle the mind. Young seemingly intelligent women saying they want Sharia law?? Really? And the torture, rape, death of so many innocents....they only see one side. The last stanza here really got me. Indeed, a fractured garden. Wonderfully powerful write here, Chris. Lydi**

Posted 9 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

9 Months Ago

The marches have been an eye opener Lydi** Religious indoctrination sure is ugly. Many thanks for s.. read more
I have seen such soul s walking around. It seems helpless to solve this. Good poem.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

9 Months Ago

Thank you Arundass. I appreciate your thoughts. All the best.

Chris
Chris,

What can I say, but that all of which you share so well above is all too true? Can I accurately identify the message and interpretation's explanation of all the travesty of a woman's beauty done gone to waste in obvious haste of having departed of any similarity humane, compassionate, loving, caring person as a member of Humanity only at that glance of drinking in her beauty as wares that the wise would be advised to beware of? Nope. Not really, but I shall take a stab at, and correct me if I am wrong: Does the above mentioned woman suffer from mental illness? Yes, a mass hysteria oriented mental programming's form of acquired by Faith mental illness. The world witnessed such mental illness in pogram after pogram before and after the RCC's Inquisition that saw more Jews slaughtered beneath the banner of the Cross than in all the milennia since the advent of Man himself. In this case, I venture to say that the mentally ill individual is not Christian, but Muslim bought and sold a bill of goods that easily excuses Human Beings from behaving as true Human Beings, and allows them to stoop to the level of rabid, saliva drooling, growling, clawing, and biting animals who are Human no more, thanks to the Religion that they do think has saved them. Unfortunately, innocents are not saved, but lost to torture, beheadings, and murder. And all Religion's dastardly deeds carried out in the name of God, Jesus, or Allah.

I am not a comment reader, and abstain from the temptation of doing so. Thus, I may be wrong as an unwanted rain as per my shared thoughts of above. But, the only time I have ever seen or heard of beautiful people behaving in such a manner has been brought about as to their indoctrination into one of the three major Oganized-Relgion's Faiths ... I believe in a Creator of all that is and will ever be. However, I do not believe in, nor advocate, the Man-man-created, fabricated God's of Organized-Relgion.

I do hope that i have come off as offensive, for as such would never be my intention ...

Great write and most powerfully thought provoking piece of Poetry ...

Marve

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

9 Months Ago

Many Thanks Marve for such a comprehensive review. Without a doubt you have seen many on recent mar.. read more
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

9 Months Ago

Same here, Chris!
A tortured Heart 💜 will not be merciful and the agony will take over until she disappears in a cloud of dark thunder … too many innocent children and beautiful people will become Angels at the hands of 😈… Pat

Posted 9 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

9 Months Ago

Dear Pat, It was difficult to watch such hate coming from a young woman. How anyone can celebrate th.. read more
Patricia Wedel

9 Months Ago

dear Chris... it is good news that hostages have been released; however, is it enough. The force of.. read more
As a teacher I met many like this. Such a smile and such a rotting inside. It changed the beauty physically.
This is so well constructed given the very difficult but obviously personal subject matter.
Alternatively the world wide hate especially amongst the young is obvious. We wish we could change it for the better.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

9 Months Ago

I really should stop watching the news Ken. As an observer, I find it repugnant that anyone, yet alo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

752 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 16, 2023
Last Updated on November 16, 2023

Author

Chris Shaw
Chris Shaw

Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Albert, my paternal grandfather introduced me to Tennyson when I was nine. I have loved poetry ever since but did not attempt writing a single piece until I was 40. It's never too late to try somethin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..