Tears of Sorrow

Tears of Sorrow

A Poem by Ashli The Amazing
"

Everyone has a secret or did something they regret in life.

"
I look out my window
And stare at the beautiful blue sky
This day was filled with sorrow
And i couldn't understand why

I wish i could go back in time
And fix everything
All of it happened so quickly
And the fault was all mine

So now I'm sitting here
with so many things going through my mind
All i can do is shed a river of tears
Because these secrets of mine will never unwind

© 2011 Ashli The Amazing


Author's Note

Ashli The Amazing
Thank you for helping with the title [: any comments?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem really catches my heart. I feel like it speaks my name, since I've gone through that "day filled with sorrow", and I also "wish I could go back in time and fix everything". I love the way this poem flows, it's very descriptive too. Outstanding work. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. I definately love the flow of this poem! So good. And I can feel the sadness through as I read. Great write! =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Making the lines the same length will improve the rhyming scheme you have here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kat
I can relate to this a lot i was fighting with my friend and that's exactly what happened i couldn't put it to pen and paper but you did nice job and i really mean it were friend again now but it just doesn't feel right things will never be the same depressing isn't it?

Posted 13 Years Ago


if u listen to dan...u mayy even want to put the stanza with the river in it in the beginning to start it off slow and then have it wind and flow faster. he thinks putting the river in the last line leaves the best impact so makes the imagery of the river strongest last but rivers usually build speed so start out with it. maybe.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ur voice is so strong for a girl with so few years. i remember being in someways like u. sometimes i read ur writings and actually forget ur still in highschool. this one makes total sense...and except for wanting more originality in ur title i wouldnt change a thing. "rushing from within" or "running river"...something a lil more mysterious is what id do.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the was you wrote with the colors it brings an impact to the poem.
This reminded me of the day i wish i could redo

Posted 13 Years Ago


Flows really well.
The rhyme is fantastic.
Maybe! On the last stanza bring that rhyming couplet together so switch 'with so many thing....mind', with all I can do...tears'. So it feels like those tears are getting closer together, sobbing faster and faster. Pure sorrow.
Even if you disagree it's fantastic! =D

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this poem and flows well. Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is good, the poem flows well and I agree with florence :D outstanding :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was so gentle
but full of emotions and meaning.
It is odd that the 'beautiful blue sky' can still have you feeling so much that you 'shed a river of tears'... makes you think.... Sometimes what's inside is more real than what you see outside :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

850 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011

Author

Ashli The Amazing
Ashli The Amazing

riverbank, CA



About
Names Ashli. I'm 16. A junior in high school. I'm Straight. I love music. I love singing I have a YouTube account (search Ashli Cisneros) I love rainbows, UNICORNS, and writing poetry in my free time... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Red Red

A Poem by BrynnaW.