No battery, no signal, lifeless thoughts.

No battery, no signal, lifeless thoughts.

A Story by camel954
"

The grid wasn't even a possibility.

"
It was that night, February 12th that was his breaking point. A shatter point, direct impact leaving lethal damage to the recipient who was of course him. He couldn't take being there or anywhere anymore, he wanted to escape and go to places mankind has never been before. His plan was simple, almost impossible in hindsight thinking of impossible scenarios that had to be perfected. This is where it all started:
January 12th, soon after his sons 4th birthday at imagination street being filled with enjoyment and joy of being such a great person for a short amount of time. The car ride there was made up of his sons favourite artists like Twenty One Pilots who he actually got from his father as he listened to it all the time whenever he got the chance. Apart from all the happiness from him he wanted to leave for a long time, after 8 months of the alleged "murders" and court trials and the constant annoyance, court appearing's, "evidence" being brought to light and the mentally unstable effects causing insanity, insomnia, and intense craves of volatile actions. He wanted a plan to go, go somewhere where mankind hasn't been or thought about going. 
January 14th 2:42pm, after getting off of work and making his way home he got calls and messages seeing if he wanted to hang out at The Royal Oak, he declined as he needed some sleep after a long shift. His friends believed him as being a male nurse was a hard and stressful job. He headed home to his wife and kid, who greeted him with joy and hugs of appreciation. His wife asked if there was any more update on the "murders", to which he shook his head and said "Amelia, they usually send messages to my phone or letters so i don't think so". There was in fact no new updates or notices. They ate lunch and he went upstairs to take a nap. After what felt like hours of him laying there he decided it was the time to start planning, but he was smart enough to know that his home computer or phone cant be used as police would track it. He made a plan in his mind and decided to act next morning.
January 15th, he called in sick to work and had the day to himself. He had to get down to the local library without getting seen or caught by cameras or people he knew. Plan was easy, get in do some research and leave. First disguises had to be worn so he took a realistic fat suit from his wife, put on a hat he had hidden away, shaved until smooth faced and put on a hoodie. Hoodies and hats would be common as it was still cold during winter, so he would blend in. Ah, he remembered gloves but first put on latex medical gloves then soft cotton gloves to limit fingerprints. Off he was heading to the library, he got there pretty soon but the main entrance had multiple cameras which was a problem but it had to be faced. He next had to find a computer that was already logged in, a college student sat at the back of the room with no cameras pointed at so he had to make a move and convince her to leave. Success, he was logged in on her account and could roam the internet. An few hours passed and he was ready to leave.
January 19th, a little before his disappearance. Few days go by with gained information he wrote everything down on paper and always kept it by his a*s. Common tactics used by police to locate individuals, past and famous disappearing's, long term missing people and how detectives use clues. He was confident he could go "off the grid" which was what he wanted. Took the papers out of his trouser pockets and started drawing maps, creating routes, making checklists and the plan of action. He had so far connected nothing to himself, not internet searches on his IP or any plans left around houses. Electronically he was clean, no trace apart from his phone but that would be sorted later. Infrared camera used in helicopters had to be avoided as they would scan forests, mountains and unusual locations for him whilst the search progresses. He has a few options, glass reflects and refracts infrared light scattering it dispersing body temperatures, thick fishing net as webbing and holes disperse light making it harder to see, taking a space blanket and facing tin foil upwards again dispersing heat and finally being hidden behind thick walls or in buildings, in or around soil and being around water as water molecules absorb heat.
January 22nd, he visited a local tourist information booth and took a map along with camping locations, perfect for identifying where and what he wanted to do. Footprints were a problem, water could be used to disperse them but it would leave trails and marks, smudging them behind him would take too long. Remember he wants to leave as quick and go as far as possible. He needs to create a larger surface area for his feel souls and so less pressure is exerted on each step creating prints. He measured the bottom of his sole and made a mould of it to create a cover. He had by this time 3 separate incidents with police showing up to discuss next steps as he was allowed to be at his home due to the lack of evidence.
January 30th, a large time has passed as he gathered more information and added to his plan. He was nearly ready to leave, live off of the grid and live a peaceful life. All he had to do now is wait.
February 3rd, his son was sick and couldn't go to school so he stayed with his father and they went out to his favourite park where he would spend hours playing football, swinging on the swings, acting like Spiderman on the skateboard section and run around frantically. Food and ice cream were a well deserved treat by the end of it, he spent the whole day with his child by playing games whilst throwing up every few hours.
February 9th, this was the coming days of his disappearance. A court order had come through the post saying he was scheduled to appear the next day to decide matters and to gain information after months of trial. He was ready and felt good. 
February 10th 12pm, Court starts in 30 mins and as far as he knows he might be alright as evidence isn't strong. Court started, judge starting off strong and with a good lead (or so he thought), prosecution had compelling evidence like hair samples, pictures and CCTV footage of the night placing him at the scene of the crime. The prosecution was corrupt and didn't disclose evidence, paying off the judge to rule in their favour. There was noting defence could have done. Judge ruled guilty and time served?, LIFE, he had 2 days to resort to Bolingbroke Prison.
February 11th, everything was planned, his escape date exact route and semi accurate timings and how fast he can travel. Just needed to get money out of the bank and clean it out, obtain a new phone via theft and leave. 
February 12th 2:29am, he gathered his £4,310 in cash, took a backpack, destroyed sim cards, took his "flippers" that he had custom made for the trip, maps and notes taken, he was ready. 3:12am he set out avoiding public places and cameras, he wanted to stay in the city for as long of a distance as he could without being seen. Looking for people to steal phones from, a young lady walking to work. He attacked from behind, chocking her out unconscious and taking her phone. Running the 1.84km to the entry point of the tunnel he searched for. Multiple lefts, rights and 3.14km later he had become tired and thirsty for water, he was already out of the city and long gone from human contract. He ran, ran, ran and ran again until he couldn't see the city anymore and until he could only see trees, mud and bodies of water. He was free, his soul was free but most importantly his mind was clear. heading in the direction of a derelict shack previously used by feds to monitor activity. Long misused so perfect places to hide. He covered the outer walls with glass, covering the inside with a space blanket and covering the roof with fish netting to never be seen again.
 

© 2024 camel954


Author's Note

camel954
pls ignore SPAG

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on January 4, 2024
Last Updated on January 4, 2024