Fiction workshop with Sarah Van arsdale

Fiction workshop with Sarah Van arsdale

A Story by camac art centre
"

This fortnight will bring together, in a spirit of cooperation and respect, writers who would like to expand upon their practice or who are just beginning to develop their talents.

"

 This workshop is designed to help you free the reigns and allow your

subconscious to go to work, so that you can dive more deeply into character and story. Each class will have time for writing exercises, for discussion of various points of writing such as setting, dialogue, and description, and for critiquing one another’s work. Together we’ll create an atmosphere of friendly criticism, with the intention of encouraging the writers to say that which is most important to them. We’ll take the work seriously, but we’ll do it with great good humor.

 

Beginners and more experienced writers are welcome; you can use the workshop either to generate ideas or to work on something already in progress.

camac is a creative centre offering international residency programmes for artists, writers and scientists.

Our ambition is to foster exchange and develop meaningful communication by providing a unique environment for individuals and collaborative groups working on the evolution of ideas or the realisation of a body of work whether painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, film, video and new technology, installation art, music, performance based art, writing, the human sciences.

 

Marnay sur Seine

The village of Marnay-sur-Seine with its' 230 inhabitants is located between the banks of the river Seine and the old transport canal, 110kms South East of Paris in the region of Champagne Ardenne. Conveniently nestled at the cross roads of the Champagne region, the Parisian region of Ile de France, and Burgundy participants to camac programmes can benefit from the French countryside without being cut off the cosmopolitan richness of Paris.

Champagne-Ardenne

Just a hop from London via the tunnel or the Ferry , one and a half hours from Paris and an hour south of Reims, you will find a tiny paradise with everything charming and relaxing about the French way of life. Gastronomic cuisine in a refined setting, vineyards as far as the eye can see, tasting the best champagne vintages in typical Champagne cellars, meeting the winegrowers, an authentic architecture with half timbered houses in medieval city of Troyes, antique shops and local specialities to bring home, as well as a bargain not to be missed in Troyes ‘ factory shops : the temple of fashion.  

 

This all-inclusive land package price of 2900 Euros (based on double occupancy) covers :

13 nights of lodging, meals (dinner, lunch, morning and afternoon tea, wine), all ground transportation costs, including airport transfers, excursions, materials, Internet access and laundry facilities.

 

            Some visits during your stay :

        Nogent sur Seine : Thematic visit following the steps of Frédéric         Moreau,         hero of the Sentimental Education written by Gustave  Flaubert.         The novel begins in Nogent sur Seine in 1840 and ends in 1867

        Paris : one-day excursion 

Provins : The ancient capital of the county of Champagne belongs to the Unesco Patrimony

Troyes : a charming, medieval city 

Brocanting - A combination of flea market and garage sale. A perfect spot to meet local people and find amazing objects at an incredible price. 

Epernay and Reims : Champagne Tour. 

Champagne testing : Visit the champagne cellars and meet the winegrowers. 

You are invited to contact us via email to reserve your space : [email protected]

The Price does NOT include: airfare, airport transfers outside of scheduled trips for group, excess baggage fees, forwarding of baggage, baggage loss, charges for inoculations, medical expenses, travel insurance, items of a personal nature such as optional trips, meals away from the group, special arrangements, and airport taxes.

 

You will receive a confirmation letter and the Workshop Agreement as well as the bank information for the deposit amount of 1000 euros. The balance is due May 1st for the 1st workshop and May 15th for the second workshop.

 

Any additional charges during your stay will be only upon your request and approval.

 

For any additional information please contact us.

 

Dates : 

June 1st - June 14th

June 16th - June 30th 

© 2009 camac art centre


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on January 14, 2009

Author

camac art centre
camac art centre

Marnay sur seine, near Paris, France



About
camac is a creative centre offering international residency programmes for artists, writers and scientists. Our ambition is to foster exchange and develop meaningful communication by providing a uniqu.. more..