Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Sea of Life

The Sea of Life

A Poem by Mary E Green
"

The pursuit of purpose and meaning in life as the depths of the sea.

"
Have you ever experienced the visceral pull that there is more yet to be for you? This is not due to unhappiness, yet quite the opposite. Patiently it waits in the depths to be realized.

You focus, take a deep breath & submerge beneath the surface. Plunging, your arms & hands straining to reach before you. In ernest, you scan with your fingertips for any trace of it- you know you are so very near to your treasure. Your eyes pop open- hazy forms float around you. Yes- you could easily grasp any one of them, your search abandoned.

Yet, it is there, deeper still just beyond your reach. There it lies until the day, your reserves stronger & your pursuit more certain, you grasp ahold of it & shoot to the surface. Arm extended triumphantly above you, you emerge from the depths with enthusiasm & purpose.

With this beautiful union, your breath returns & is forever in pace
with these nourishing waters.

© 2013 Mary E Green


Author's Note

Mary E Green
Any feedback is welcome as long as constructive- I am a novice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow!! This is excellant. Vivid and wonderfully worded, I love the subject matter and the way it was presented to the audience. Thanks!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mary E Green

11 Years Ago

Thank you- so glad you enjoys this piece ! I had fun with the imagery :)
Mary, thank you! So happy you were able to dive in with me in this piece! I had a very real image of this dive similar to the search within oneself to express your full potential in this life:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, the imagery you have painted her is powerful! visceral pull- that something that comes from so deep inside that moves you to reach beyond anything you ever imagined you could until whap! you've got it in your grasp!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2013
Last Updated on January 31, 2013

Author

Mary E Green
Mary E Green

MA



About
A mother/wife and Rn in that order who is grateful on a daily basis. A realistic optimisit , a good listener, compassionate and kind. Words flow more freely in writing for me... more..

Writing