The Twin Connection

The Twin Connection

A Story by Breanna Wilson
"

Two twins have an unexplainable,unbelievable connection

"
The Twin Connection

"You're in too deep." Larry nods,agreeing with her. He already knows this. He is sure Laurent notices it too. Lau's just not saying anything about it.

"Tell me something I don't know. We are here for a reason isn't called wasting my time!" Larry exclaims, slamming his palms against the desk.

"Calm down. If you think this is a waste of time,you can leave. It saves me time and money. Just because I'm the therapist, doesn't mean you aren't wasting my resources when you act out. Sit down. Be a man.  And listen to what I have to say." The therapist says calmly. She is a trained professional. She knows how to deal with disruptive patients.

Larry sighs. He knows Silver is trying to help. He eyes the name plate that sits on her desk : Dr Rebecca Silver. 'That's why she that name plate or whatever. She trying to help,' Larry thinks. Larry nods at Silver and she smiles. 

"I think the connection you and your twin have is remarkable. It's astounding. It's almost as if you and him are magical beings. You sure you guys are human?" Silver says, jokingly. Larry freezes and he remembers all the times people have used that phrase as an insult. 

"Yes,we're human." He says with a voice like steel,so sharp it could cut her up if it pleased.  Silver decided to let her laughter fade out into a whisper. She felt awful,almost as bad as if she had made a racist comment. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that that is a touchy subject..." Her voice lowers into a whisper. She feels like a jerk and rightly so. Larry and Laurent have been told that their dance moves make them look alien. The not-so-funny part is that they've only been told this in different countries.'Better place North America on the list,'Larry thinks bitterly.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean anything by it." 

"Doesn't mean it was right for me to say it though-"

"You're right. Telling someone who has just moved into a new home,a new country that they move like aliens is awful. I have trouble speaking English,so does my brother,is that alien to you;Silver?" He is standing over her as he yells this. Silver clicks a button that is hidden on the underside of her desk table. Guards come in. 

Larry starts when he sees the guards standing around him. He looks around confused. "When did you halfwits get here?" The two guards look at each other before charging towards him. Larry smirks and moves out of the way like a boss. He laughs when the guards,who were running towards Larry who then was in front of the desk,accidentally flip on top of Silver.

He looks at Silver. Her hair looks like an uncut loaf of bread from the attack. Her heels at perched on top of her head like two red breasted robins. Guess what color her shoes are? Her eyes still look flawless though. Her eyes are these piercing,electrifying blue that always stuns Larry. Her can't help it. He's always dated black girls because it feels safer to date inside your own race,but Silver makes Larry wonder why he had ever created that unspoken and undocumented rule in the first place.

While Larry has been staring into Silver's eyes,her ex boyfriend ,Camden, stands outside the door,watching everything from the window that is in the door. He glares at the Caribbean meterosexual beauty that is staring into Rebecca's eyes and he scoffs.'She'll never like you. She loves me. Our breakup was a mistake. I didn't know she could become hot,' He thinks over-confidently. 

What he doesn't know is that Rebecca Silver is slowly falling for the dancer that's staring into her eyes with adorable puppy love evident on his face.

"Guards! It's okay. I got it. Leave now and let me speak to him in private." The guards grumble and leave.

http://dfemale.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/updos-braided-hair-style-for-white-girl.jpg   (what Rebecca looks like)

Larry sits down on the cushioned chair that he was sitting in when he first came into the room for his appointment. He leans back. His shirt lifts up and Silver blushes when she sees a piece of his body is showing. Larry arches an eyebrow at her as her face turns a slight pink. He places his hand on the armrest and slides down in the chair.

"Why did you tell them to leave? Do you honestly think you're safe from me with or without them here?" He stands up and circles around her chair similarly to a hawk or another predatory bird. Silver gulps and pushes her chair when she knows he's behind it. This traps his lower half against the wall. She turns and kneels on the chair. She pins his arms against the wall. She smirks when she thinks she has him cornered.

"I told them to leave because I want them to see how you really are. Maybe then you won't get kicked out of this building. They are most likely watching the video surveillance right now to see if you pose as a threat. I know I'm safe with or without them in here with me. You care for me. You wouldn't hurt me."

Larry leans forward so his nose is so close to hers that a pencil eraser amount of space is in between them. 

"Listen,mon ange, I know a better little thing like you thinks that you and I will be like the bad boy stories you read in your coordinated matching pajamas at night,but I am far from sweet,cherie." Larry thickens his accent on purpose and leans tilting his head to the right. Silver closes her eyes and waits for a kiss. He chuckles and places a feather light kiss at the corner of her mouth. He wants to kiss those luscious,delectable-looking lips right now;but he finds it fun to tease his little play thing a little before letting her have a taste of how bad boy he really is.

Silver pulls back,accidentally freeing Larry from her hold on him. The lights in the building all break. POP! SNAP! CRASH! Silver screams and falls to the ground. Larry is gone when she opens her eyes and the lights are on again. 

x

Laurent wakes up with a start. He is panting really hard. He places a hand against his chest. "What's going on?" "You had a bad dream,sir." He turns to look at his assistant. She is from an undeveloped country and she is still learning French and American customs. She keeps calling the twins 'sir','master' or 'king'. She doesn't understand what the informal word is for her bosses yet. 

"Did you hear me say anything in my dream?" Laurent asks her. While she is gathering her thoughts,he looks at what she is wearing. She is wearing...(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8d/59/73/8d597315716c4214942172b55ecc36b6.jpg)

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002490173/5112144828_tumblr_l2yeohFDU51qc0eeao1_400_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg   (what she looks like)

Laurent smiles as he sees she is wearing some new clothes,the ones he helped her pick out. "You didn't say anything in your sleep,sir." He nods. He looks at his night stand and picks up his Edgar Allen Poe book of all of his works. He starts to read his book aloud for her. She loves to hear Poe's works. That is the reason he reads them to her anytime he can.

"'Never before that night had I felt the extent of my own powers-of my sagacity. I could scarcely contain my feelings of triumph.'" Laurent puts the book back on the night stand when Chrystal walks closer to his bed like she has something important to say.

"I love that quote. What story was it from,kind sir?" She asks politely. Laurent smiles,knowing that Chrystal only says 'kind sir' when she's really happy about something. 

"It's from A Tell-Tale Heart. You really liked it,huh?" Laurent can't keep the smile off of his face as Chrystal sits next to him. He knows that Chrystal is extremely shy and doesn't allow close proximity so he counts this as a win. He's been trying to gain her trust ever since she agreed to work for Larry and Laurent. She isn't just an assistant. She is also a highly trained assassin and bodyguard so he treasures her greatly. He finds it a win when he makes her happy. He would never admit this to anyone,but he is starting to fall for this confused woman more and more each and every day.

"I love that,sir." Laurent winces when she says that in a tone void of emotion. It's her assassin voice and he hates it when she speaks like that to him. It makes him feel like he's her next target. It isn't a nice feeling to him.

"You shouldn't call me 'sir',Chrystal. I know that it's formal and you don't know how to use informal terms yet,but you can just can me Laurent until then. I won't mind if you call me Mr.Bourgeois,but it's up to you. I just feel weird when you call me that." Laurent says. He stands up and the lights in the room overheat and explode.

When Chrystal stands up,she says something that makes Laurent's heart skip a beat in fright. 

"'...room was as black as pitch with the thick darkness...' from The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe. Someone's in here with us."

There is a loud malicious cackle that rings throughout the air that reminds Laurent of the horn of war that used to be blown years ago. Something hits Laurent on his head with a clunk. "Laurent!" The scream is heard and a crimson river flows from Laurent's forehead as the intruder tries to get closer to Laurent. The ice eyes' gaze follows Lauren't's body as he falls to the ground and Chrystal's body follows suit.

x

Larry screams as he feels a terrible pain spread throughout his forehead. "LAU!!!!!" He calls out as he senses that his twin is hurt. Silver can only watch as Larry falls to his knees in pain. "Christopher! He must be the one hurting your brother. I said some stuff about why I hate your brother and he must of thought that he really hurt me physically. I didn't ever say that though! I promise!" 

Larry holds his temple with the index and middle fingers of his left hand and using his other to hold Silver's throat. He squeezes so hard that her skin turns purple. He laughs evilly as she falls on the floor and shakes dangerously. She has epilepsy,but right now all Larry cares about is his twin brother. They are Les Twins together. Without the other,they both know they would not function properly. Larry ignores the lifeless woman near his feet as he steps over her. He runs to the door. He throws it open and ,a couple of minutes later,he is in his car. He starts speeding to get to his twin as fast as possible.

x

Laurent wakes up and he can barely see. He can't open his eyes all the way. He is squinting his eyes,but not because he wants to. He has no choice. His eyes refuse to open any wider. He can feel how angry his twin is through their twin connection and it fuels a fire in his chest. He sits up against the wall as much as he can. He looks around the room.

The room has a curved ceiling and the curve looked like an ice cream scooper had scooped it out. Laurent looks around some more. He hears some people talking "in their own,twittering tongue" like the line from "Nicholas Was..." by Neil Gaiman. Laurent's thoughts were interrupted by his won groan of pain. It felt like he had "the thousand injuries" that Montresor had felt from Fortunato in the tale called "The Cask of Amontillado" by Shakespeare.

When Laurent looked up for what would be his last time,he saw beady black eyes and felt his twin screaming in the corner of his mind for him to run.

End.

© 2015 Breanna Wilson


Author's Note

Breanna Wilson
This is my reading project. My final.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
Added on June 14, 2015
Last Updated on June 14, 2015
Tags: les twins, larry bourgeois, laurent bourgeois

Author

Breanna Wilson
Breanna Wilson

Albany, NY



About
I am a young writer who has just starting writing and would love to get better. more..

Writing