Untitled

Untitled

A Story by bubblepup13
"

written very late at night after a long day. *disclaimer: this is not to be used as advice on how to deal with a suicidal person. if you find yourself in such a situation, contact a counselor or help hotline.

"
Tara is my best friend, so when she called me and asked to come over, I had no problem with that. But, sitting there in my kitchen, the topic of conversation was unnerving to say the least.

She looked at me and said, “I’m going to kill myself.”

“What? Why?”

“Because the world is a terrible place.”

“The world is an amazing place with much more to see then you’ve had the chance to.”

“I don’t care.”

“Do you care about those who will care when you’re gone?”

“No.”

“Fine,” I got up from my chair and went to a draw next to my stove. I found the sharpest knife in the drawer and brought it back to her. “There you go.”

Tara looked at me, her eyes full of confusion.

“You said you wanted to die. As your friend, I’m giving you the tool to do so.”

She picked up the knife and held it with shaking hands.

“Go on. You don’t care. Remember?”

She began crying and shaking her head.

“Go ahead. Do it!” I was shouting now.

Her entire body heaving with the force of her sobs, she set the knife down on the table and slid it away from her.

I ran to her and hugged her.

“I love you Tara and you have so many other friends who do. We’re going to get you some help, okay?”

She nodded and returned the hug. And for now, that was all that mattered.

© 2008 bubblepup13


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on November 26, 2008

Author

bubblepup13
bubblepup13

Phoenix, AZ



About
fine, i got one. you guys happy now? anyway... yeah. I am not an author, a writer, or any of the like. I do not consider myself as such. but i do write some when i feel inspired or emotional. i usual.. more..

Writing