Sir Arthur C. Clarke (the author of 2001: A space Odyssey) has died.

Sir Arthur C. Clarke (the author of 2001: A space Odyssey) has died.

A Story by Brian M. W.
"

My thoughts on what the man has meant to me and our society.

"

I just recently learned that Sir Arthur C. Clarke, the author of 2001: A Space Odyssey, has passed away. I am saddened by the fact that his death was only made known to the world (at least on ABC news' the 6 o’clock news today) with a brief notation about who he was. The announcement was more like a blurb. The producers act as if his death was not newsworthy; so nothing more than a concise comment was made about his passing. I guess, to the industry, writers are not really that important; even though the words that have inspired most of us to do great deeds, and to aspire to be more than who we are, has come from authors like him. Sir Arthur C. Clarke’s life was more than just a thirty-second clip. He was an inspiration to all whom he met and even those whom he never would. I never met him, personally, but his writing (and growing up in my age-his book-based movies-) has brought the twinkle to my eye that has enlightened the minds of all of those around me. I am who I am today (a writer!) because of novelists like him, and I only hope that I can reach the people that he has in his life, and that I can satisfy the want that possesses all of the avid readers in this world: The need to immerse themselves into the fantasy that is good literature ... if only to escape from the harrowing trials of their everyday existence. Thank you, Sir, for helping me to escape from the monotony that is the act of living itself ... and thank you for inspiring me to use my God-given gift to help others to find freedom from the binds that tie us to reality; and which we can only break by allowing our minds to roam free ... as we imagine a better and brighter future for tomorrow.

                        Brian M.W.

 

There are no Black horror writers who have reached the status of people like Steven King, Dean Koontz, or Clive barker. I will be the first.

www.myspace.com/brianmwforever

© 2008 Brian M. W.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on March 18, 2008
Last Updated on March 18, 2008

Author

Brian M. W.
Brian M. W.

Philadelphia, PA



About
Author Bio: My name is Brian M. Worley (Brian M.W.). I have been writing ever since I was six years old, and now, it is finally time for me to share something with the masses. I was born and rai.. more..