Opposites

Opposites

A Story by K.

The steam filled the shower, drowning her thoughts, but never completely, yet still a nice change from the memory-erasing whiskey that sat on her counter. He was out with his friends, a typical Friday night. She wondered if He missed her as much as she missed Him. He hardly ever thought about Her anymore, too preoccupied by the new girls, new places and tonight, the new drinks delivered from the bartender. She should just get over Him, there wasn't a point on waiting and wishing for Him to come back from wherever He was; that is what all her friends always said, maybe she should listen to them, she thought. He had met a girl, Joyce was her name, but then again, maybe it was Grace, he couldn't remember. Her phone rang, her friend said they were on their way over to the bar and she was coming with them; she sighed, stepping out of the steam shower and back into her thoughts, beginning to get ready. He and Grace, or whatever her name was, were in a cab back to his apartment across town, his new one with the skyline of New York. She and her friends finally arrived at the bar, the air light with alcohol, neon lights, and a blasting rock and roll tune; she would forget about Him tonight, she said. When he and his girl got to his apartment, she didn't even notice the view of the skyline; he remembered it was Her favorite part about the apartment. Shot after shot, she loosened up, laughing and dancing along with her friends. He told Grace that she should probably leave, it was late and he wasn't in the mood anymore. In 30 minutes, she had forgotten about Him, and it felt good. He sat alone, looking at the skyline, wondering if She ever missed him, and if She would ever take him back.

© 2014 K.


Author's Note

K.
Apparently, I am in the post-modern mood? I know this could be written a lot better, but I was experimenting with this idea, and again I'm wanting to see if it is coming across. Thanks for reading and reviewing :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was able to follow it, but with some difficulty. I do like how the characters basically switched places by the end of the story. I agree that it could use some improving to the flow, but I really like the way you've been challenging yourself lately.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.

10 Years Ago

I was trying to show the point of how the characters switched places mentally, I'm glad that got acr.. read more



Reviews

Nice story, i like the flow.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
I was able to follow it, but with some difficulty. I do like how the characters basically switched places by the end of the story. I agree that it could use some improving to the flow, but I really like the way you've been challenging yourself lately.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.

10 Years Ago

I was trying to show the point of how the characters switched places mentally, I'm glad that got acr.. read more
You got the idea across, but it needs to be taken a little further. You wrote only of her and not of him.

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.

10 Years Ago

Well, they have equal time. Every other sentence is about the other, they switch off. One sentence i.. read more
K.

10 Years Ago

But thank you for reading and reviewing!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 11, 2014
Last Updated on March 11, 2014

Author

K.
K.

TX



About
I am 19 years old, I am majoring in political science, with a minor in military studies. I volunteer at a horse therapy center for people with disabilities, I'm on my college rowing team, and I love t.. more..

Writing
Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by K.


Here Here

A Story by K.


Mileage Mileage

A Story by K.