THE FREEMAN

THE FREEMAN

A Story by BAMBE ABASS ABIDEMI
"

Freedom sometimes isn't what we need but "humble pie"

"
Life is good.... So sweet, to be honest I'm enjoying my life far away from Father's austere type of living. The angry looks, his satirical comments and many of his disdainful actions towards me even when Mom wants to defend and prove my innocence.
Yet, he chooses or perhaps, I think he enjoys those silly acts as I sometimes heard him making some noises which sounds like laughter or maybe mourning or crying in the yard whenever he is done abusing me. Well... That's his own raft let him paddle it safely ...it doesn't matter whether he love to cry or laugh in the process, as long as he doesn't cross my Yacht in the middle of the sea.... We are good then to go. All is well that goes well.
There is something so sweet about my life.. Oh! Should I gist you about it... How sweet it was. Life is sweet, cool and splendid ,though, that was back in the campus not at home. Throughout my stay in the campus I'm always in this happy mood, but when Holiday comes with its cursed days, i tends to sober and mourn in the dark corner of my inner apartment.
During a beautiful holiday, I left home and head for a field that keeps a stone-throw distance from the sea. In my pocket is a packet of cigarette and a lighter.I took all the sticks within few hours and left for home but what welcome me at home makes me a freeman. Father had been informed that I was smoking and he was ready with a strong thirteen inches long rod. He charged at me as soon as I entered the sitting room and I dodged him, he strike again and I dodged it seizing the rod from him. Perplexed and surprise, he throw a punch which was dodge and a counter blow laid him flat on the floor. In minute he become cold and stive . I think he died but that doesn't move me but what moved me was Mother's lifeless body in the kitchen with a knife well driven into her left chest. I think I am free.

© 2021 BAMBE ABASS ABIDEMI


Author's Note

BAMBE ABASS ABIDEMI
Not true just a fictum , hope you enjoy fetching the mistakes out

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on July 3, 2021
Last Updated on July 3, 2021

Author

BAMBE ABASS ABIDEMI
BAMBE ABASS ABIDEMI

Ibadan, west, Nigeria



About
I am Abass Abidemi Bambe. I write poems, jokes,essays, articles and short stories and other fictional works. I love to pen down sad literature that picture the sorrows going on in the world or those .. more..

Writing