Restricted Perpetuity by Choice.

Restricted Perpetuity by Choice.

A Story by Megan
"

written on November 2, 2010.

"

    It's a constant--in the perception of some a transgression. A violation of the axiomatic lives we live day in and day out, or a code of conduct deemed morally ethical? Words passed from person to person carry the same meaning no matter whom they are directed to or the context they are used in. Words deemed morally rude and immoral. Words piercing, sharp as the edge of the blade Brutus himself wielded in his time of betrayal, in his time of conspiracy. Words in which, without a doubt, have been exchanged so often they have become a commonplace. Yet, to I, these words become increasingly foreign, yet at the same time, ever-so familiar. They are homely, as every day I am welcomed by their lingering presence as they escape the lips of the foreign-yet familiar- people before me day after day, year after year. These words- biting and more hurtful than even thine eye will ever witness or thine ear will ever hear- are consistent. And I can always count on them to be unfaithful, nauseating words. In mine own eye, this constant is a product of something greater than imaginable. In mine eye, this constant is a product of not ignorance, rather a hesitance (perhaps through fear, hopelessness, or even perpetual addiction) in which restricts the individuals from change of any sort, possibly resisting a change in which could save a life.

© 2010 Megan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on November 13, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010

Author

Megan
Megan

CA



About
She gazed up at the sky, her eyes focusing on the Light that would guide her path through the rest of her life. The air around her was moist, the sky a darkness that would soon be penetrated by the ri.. more..

Writing
Adult Adult

A Poem by Megan


the future the future

A Poem by Megan