The Last Lash

The Last Lash

A Screenplay by N. An
"

A grotesque presentation of the underlying emotions.

"

Her bony finger caresses the immensity of a smooth leaf amidst the sea of sheets. She beams, for ‘scarlet and white’ occurred only yet, a contrast adored by the ever anticipated artist. She strokes the paper with the crimson fluid gushing out bitterly from her hollowed eyes but calmed in the china bowl resting peacefully in her lap, only to create more fidgety strokes slashing quivery meanings into poised existences over an ever compassionate canvas.

   It reads "I disown my eyes tonight. They have imprisoned me for years. No more not now do I wish to succumb to what they let me see. My inner eyes awaken and they litter it back,only to be reawakened. So now when the strife ends, let the light of my insight shine henceforth.

   I truly want to see and not be manipulated again by the visibility of this world. Let this gateway of filth weep ruby tears, after plaguing my heart. I swear to god that I have disowned them by will, and their wretched means to peek into each eye speaking lies and twisting realities. No wish remains in me to look into emptiness and pretentious anymore held by the buoyancy of flimsy hearts."

The slit in her smile deepens as she fishes her finger out of the bowl for the very last lash. 

© 2010 N. An


Author's Note

N. An
Be honest and and let me know where this one stands =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

It is actually more of a depiction of reality in an instance than a fully plotted story :)
thanks for liking it....

Posted 13 Years Ago


very well written, although still more prose than story. nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010

Author

N. An
N. An

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



Writing
505 505

A Poem by N. An


An impulse An impulse

A Poem by N. An


Denial Denial

A Story by N. An