My Darkness

My Darkness

A Poem by Weston Gillette
"

This is something I decided to write from the heart with out editing.

"
I'm tired of living this life. I've made no name for myself. I've only made a name for the life of others. I'm a giver with no thought of a return the favor. Can't get a break ever, It's always following what they say to follow. My life likes to fade away because I can't seem to make sense of it all. I always want to find the answer. I need an explanation as to why my life matters. Everyone else seems to act like they don't care but me, I'm just me - trying to define everything else. I refuse to focus on what's right in front of me because I'm always stuck in the clouds; wondering why my parents say their proud, when I'm not even proud of myself. When is my star going to shine? If it's the choices we make, then why can't I motivate? My dreams and my music always make me think, yet I still suffocate. Maybe I'm just not able to see straight. So, I hesitate and wait for it to fall into place, when I know I should take charge and reinstate - take my life back to my safe place and rely on my faith to help keep me straight, instead of burning every ink stain in my brains fire place; like the air that I continue to breath when I can't even see the wind break. When will I believe sub-consciously? 

© 2015 Weston Gillette


Author's Note

Weston Gillette
ignore grammar problems, this is straight from mind to paper.

photo courtesy of google images.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on September 29, 2015
Last Updated on September 29, 2015

Author

Weston Gillette
Weston Gillette

FL



About
I love music and I love finding answers. more..