Late Nights, Work, Chatrooms; You know, Boring Crap...

Late Nights, Work, Chatrooms; You know, Boring Crap...

A Story by benjammingham
"

Yeah idk even know where this came from...an idea simply from our past...that stemmed into this...This is like a mix of spiderman too....hmmm....

"
     I walked into the room where she was slouched behind a computer. Typing furiously with her owl charm bracelet dancing wildly. I was a "journalist" for our school newspaper, The Coffee Stain, and she was the chief editor....which made her my supervisor...technically speaking of course...
     So yeah it's really bad to fall for your boss, even if you're only 16. So far, I had just been coming in with updates every morning to let her know about our biggest story: The new vending machines! Oooo....
     Unfortunately, it became more to me. Every morning  that I walked in, I would be able to talk and see her smiling face for a good twenty or thirty minutes- 19-29 minutes too long. I ended up not doing my job and being late to class because I stayed behind to talk with her...
I had become obsessed. I was so stricken with "love-sickness" that I couldn't function properly. I wrote songs about her, wrote stories, wrote poems, drew pictures etc.
     One day we had a HUGE breakthrough, I was nearly finished! I compiled everything! every file, every document and put it on one of my flash drives
So I gave her a finished copy of my piece...on my flash drive...where I kept all my love songs. And poems. etc.
I tried to get it back, but I couldn't find a way to do it without being too obvious. So I let it go and hoped she wouldn't notice. Maybe she hadn't enabled the hidden files folder option...
I was biting my nails all day. Now, don't confuse me with an idiot; I had a plan. If she walked up and talked to me about it, I would stall for thirty seconds to assess my escape route and then...well...run.
She didn't confront me at school. She confronted me at home, late at night, while I was watching an old episode of "New Girl". Don't judge me!
While chuckling at Zooey Deschanel, I received a message from her on my oovoo account. It was completely harmless; we had talked late before while working on projects. I had no idea what I was getting in to when I replied
"Nothing much, you?"
"Well, I have a question about your vending machine article..."
That spiked my nerves a little bit, but I wasn't too worried.
"Let me guess, you're too poor, so you want me to buy you a soda every now and then."
"Actually, yes! That would be awesome! But, I kind of wanted to talk about some other stuff I found on your flash drive."
Ooooh.....junk....
"Ummm sure. What stuff are you referring to? And if it's those movies I downloaded, I think it's fair to say that-"
"It's about the love songs."
"Haha, very funny, but what are you talking about?" Me trying to play it cool...
"Look Ben, right now I need you to cut the crap and know: Do you have a crush on me?"
In this situation, clearly I couldn't run away from my computer. So I decided to be truthful. I mean what's the worst that could happen? BTW: Why is it that when people say that, something else worse ALWAYS happens? Anyway.....
"Yes. Yes, I do. I'm am totally, indescribably in love with you."
There was silence. And then she left and logged out of the session!
So, naturally, I went back to watching New Girl...
Fifteen minutes later, she comes back and says,
"I don't know how I feel about you....Just give some time to think....Night"
Firstly, you JUST had time
Secondly, you don't need fifteen minutes to be wooed by my epic charm!
Thirdly, she didn't say she didn't like me. Sooooo....I have a CHANCE!!!!

© 2012 benjammingham


Author's Note

benjammingham
Im not really satisfied with the ending...lemme now what to do with it....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

well what happened next? the next day at school? I'm interested. Not a bad write. Check your spelling, please.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Bahaha the ending's kind of funny. I like the story a lot it's cute. And I was still saying "holy crap" to myself the next day, so I don't think 15 minutes was enough time for me to think haha.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 27, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012
Tags: Love, Teens

Author

benjammingham
benjammingham

Clearwater, FL



About
Ok I will tell you some stuff....but dont go stalking me or anything....: My name is Ben I am Asian I am not from China I am from Vietnam I am fourteen and a freshman I love a girl I play piano.. more..

Writing
Next Next

A Story by benjammingham