Theories

Theories

A Chapter by Jane Bryan
"

Chapter 2 of The Murky Pool

"

  Lucy ran as fast as she could through the trees. Tears started to well up in her eyes. She couldn't see; she couldn't think. Thoughts were jumbled in her head, or more so her theories. Where did Chaser go? 

  1. Did he leave me on purpose? Was this the end of their relationship? No, that couldn't be. Chaser wouldn't do that to Lucy, would he? She didn't think so until now.

  2. Was he dragged by that shadow? Did the shadow take him prisoner? Would he be dead and she left to never to see him again in this world?

  3. Why did they want him? Did he do something to owe debt? ,or Was it his own debt that he wanted to pay?

  Would she ever find out the truth? This question frightened her the most. The next thing she knew she was on the dirt floor with a knotted mass of hair and bleeding scars.

  Ow... she thought. Though she did not care. She had to get home and search for the truth. She got right back up and ran, staggerdly, to her house. When she got there, she pelted up the stairs two at a time. She finally reached her room, slammed her door shut and locked it behind her.

  Her parents were not home. They didn't get home till about midnight. They were both ER doctors. Thankfully, tonight they had a major case.

  She went straight to the computer. The computer was shut. She didn't remember shutting it. Oh well, she didn't care. All she cared about was Chaser.

  When her internet connected, she clicked on the internet icon. It opened automatically to Google. She typed in the name Chaser Senton. No post appeared.

  Frustrated, she rolled away from her computer.

  You've got mail. the computer stated.

  "Aaaa....." Lucy screamed.

  Oh, just my computer. She thought. How could she have been so silly screaming at a computer voice. She rolled back over to her computer to open up her email account.

  She went to Yahoo and then teared up. She missed hearing Chaser's voice when he said YA-HOOOOOOO really loudly when she got mail while he was around. She missed the sound of him. In the back of her mind, she told herself to check the email.

  This must be wrong. she thought. But it wasn't. The name Chase stared right back at her. It was his email. She clicked it.

It read:

Dear Luce,

If I don't have the guts to ask you this tonight, in person, then I hope that you get this email and read it. I love you Luce! You are always the light to my darkness. That is why the woods is our perfect place. It's the place I take you to all the time because it shows the meaning of our relationship. Luce, I want to be yours forever, and I hope that you hope the same. So I am asking you( or already asked) will you promise to be mine forever?  I have a ring and one day, I will put on a different ring to symbolize marriage if my wish comes true. Now, I just want you to wear my mother's promise ring. Will you Luce? Please? I love you. Sweetest of dreams.

      Love,

              Chase

  Tears welled up in her eyes once again.



© 2010 Jane Bryan


Author's Note

Jane Bryan
Spelling, sorry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

you havent writen more ggrrrrrrrrr

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thanks! yah..i couldnt explain the shadow without giving away a part of it. haha sorry! and thanks best friend!! and Cassylady123 You will find out who took him *cough cough* later :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Aw, he wanted to be with her forever. I think this good be lengthed also.

I found myself a little confused. It'd be nice if you could've described the shadow creature becasue I just thought the shadow meants darkness or unconsiousness. I don't know if I'm wrong or not.

And are you sure if dew is the right way to say that Lacy cried or tears streamed down her cheeks. Dew is connotated on a lighter note than this.

Keep going, I want to know what and who took Chaser.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2010
Last Updated on May 13, 2010


Author

Jane Bryan
Jane Bryan

Little Rock, AR



About
My real name is Sarah. I am a creative person who always cares! I love to meat new people! my friends embrace my dorkiness! I love my friends and family! I am a cliche person full of hopes and dreams!.. more..

Writing