HOW I HONOR 9/11

HOW I HONOR 9/11

A Story by Father Mojo

Here is how I honor 9/11 -- I am NOT sorry if it pisses you off.

When we remember 9/11 we should keep in mind that this is what a "surgical strike" feels like. This is what we do to other nations again and again. This is what we are threatening to do to Syria. How many 9/11s have the United States inflicted on other peoples, and other nations? But when someone does it to us, we lose our collective, effing minds. Remember how scared you were, how much it hurt, and then remember that it was effectively two missiles. Then think of all the missiles and weapons we have used against civilians, and are planning to use in the days and weeks to come.

The way I honor the victims of 9/11 is to promise myself and them that I will not stand idle or quietly watch as we inflict violence on others. I will not accept violence as a tool of diplomacy, but as a breakdown of diplomacy. And I will not pretend that we are not the aggressors more often than we are the victims.

Sorry, but I will not wave a tiny flag, listen to sad music, look at skyline photos of Manhattan with the Twin Towers and "Remember" those who died, while continuing to accept the political and economic realities that fostered their deaths. I am sorry so many people died on 9/11, but I am more sorry that we have used it as a pretext to kill even more people. 

9/11 was a brutal, terrorist attack on civilians and it was evil! But an attack is no less brutal when ordered by a President; an attack is no less terrorism when launched by a military -- terrorism is the threat and use of violence for the purpose of achieving political goals! How do we use violence? Killing civilians becomes no less evil simply because the society who initiates the killing believes they are moral and good. 

9/11 was a brutal, terrorist attack on civilians and it was evil! It was a surgical strike against civilians! I honor the victims by doing what I can to ensure that we as a society, as a people, as a nation, no longer justify initiating a brutal, terrorist attack on civilians, even if we give it the sanitized label of "surgical strike." 

WAR IS TERRORISM. THE USE OF WEAPONS CHEMICAL OR CONVENTIONAL IS BRUTAL. USING VIOLENCE OR THE THREAT OF VIOLENCE TO ACHIEVE POLITICAL ENDS IS TERRORISM. KILLING IS EVIL -- AND KILLING IS MOST EVIL WHEN WE CONVINCE OURSELVES THAT WE ARE DOING IT FOR SOME NOBLE AND GREATER MORAL PURPOSE.

I will honor the victims of 9/11 by doing all that I can to ensure that it never happens again, especially by us. I am NOT sorry if that offends you or pisses you off. I would only be sorry if I refused to say what I know to be true -- and if speaking the truth makes others my enemies, then I thank God for my many enemies, because it means I have spoken many truths.

© 2013 Father Mojo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Honestly if 9/11 was directly aimed at, say, the Pentagon or the White House, I wouldn't mind at all. In fact I would probably celebrate. But, this was an indirect (in the sense that it did not directly attack the ones who run this country) attack on a country and it harmed/killed many, many innocent people. I do not condone it whatsoever because it achieved nothing positive, unless you consider the tightest f*****g security this country has ever seen to be positive(I don't).

(thumbs up)

*edited*

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013
Tags: 9/11, war, September 11, Bush, Obama, attack, surgical strike, terror, terrorism, violence

Author

Father Mojo
Father Mojo

Carneys Point, NJ



About
"I gave food to the poor and they called me a saint; I asked why the poor have no food and they called me a communist. --- Dom Helder Camara" LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing
WINTER WINTER

A Poem by Father Mojo