Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jace
"

11-year-old Michael wakes up after the crash

"

Awake. Pain. Asleep. Awake. Pain. Asleep. This was Michael’s life after the crash. He didn’t know how long he faded between consciousness and sleep, it could have been hours, days, weeks, he had no idea. The combination of his injuries and medication meant that he could only stay awake for brief periods of time. When awake he heard brief snatches of conversation, but even from those he knew he would be crippled for life. His bones had been destroyed in a dozen places, and even the best surgeons in the world couldn’t hope to salvage what remained of his skin. They had not yet told him that his mother had been killed, but he knew that if she had been alive the doctors wouldn’t have been able to stop her from being at his side.


On the morning of his ninth day in the hospital, he awoke to find a man standing in his room. The fact that there was someone in his room was not particularly startling, numerous nurses and doctors came and went from his room at all hours of the day and night. What did give him cause for alarm was the strange mans appearance. He wore a large threadbare jacket, which looked as if it had been dragged through a sewer a dozen times, and underneath Michael glimpsed what looked like body armor. Michael stared, terrified at the man’s face. His forehead and hair were coated with dried blood, but there seemed to be no wound, only a feint scar. As he watched, the man reached into the coat and withdrew a syringe full of a murky brown liquid. Equally as terrifying as the needle was the man’s hand and arm. One hand looked perfectly normal, but the other looked as if he had stolen it directly off a corpse. From elbow to wrist it was covered in massive bruises, turning purple and black, the rest of his arm was layered with skin so translucent it almost looked as if it wasn’t there. Michael watched, paralyzed with fear, as the Frankenstein’s monster of a man limped towards him, needle outstretched. Unable to move, unable to scream, he could only watch as the man pushed the needle into his arm and slowly injected the liquid into his arm. Immediately his vision began to fade, as he drifted closer towards unconsciousness he heard the man speak as if through water.

“I’m sorry Michael. Everything is going to be ok.” 



© 2016 Jace


Author's Note

Jace
Just to clear up any confusion, this takes up immediately after the end of the intro to the first chapter not the end of the chapter itself. Please let me know what you think, anything would help.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 29, 2016
Last Updated on August 29, 2016
Tags: hospital, science fiction, fiction, book


Author

Jace
Jace

Calgary, Alberta, Canada



About
18. University student. I have basically 0 experience in writing but i read a ton so i figured i'd give it a shot. more..

Writing
Bubbles Bubbles

A Story by Jace


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jace