Getting Unstuck

Getting Unstuck

A Poem by Avani Chhaya

Boxes become my worst nightmare, the constant paranoia, the biggest bully in the grade, the looming fear grinding into desperate reality, the overwhelming pressure on my shoulders bearing its weight down on my body, the saddest story.
Getting cubed into a five by five cubicle, literally trapped by four felted walls with meaningless memos tacked with colorless expression. Being stuck - unable to step beyond its reach, unable to see over the top. Shut off from communication during the eight-hour stretch causing a penetrating numbness to spread its disease.
Waking up forty or so years from now in the same place with the same car in the same house, alongside the same neighbors who mow their lawn every sunday, garden every tuesday, and grocery shop every thursday.
Sitting across from long-time, almost forgotten friends complaining about the administration, my workload, the bureaucratic red tape, the annoying emails of...my job, of my unbudded career, of my stagnant day. And knowing that I will go back to it all. Knowing that I will set my alarm for five-thirty in the morning, pack my tupperware lunch, stuff my satchel with a litter of papers to just go back and deal with it tomorrow.
To deal without fighting for my sanity, without wanting more, without wanting to feel again, without craving adventure and passion-lit ideas.
Feeling the tattered, rubber soles of my neon-engraved shoes fixed, glued, nailed down, even held to the damn tiled floor.
I promise, nay vow, that I am trying with the little might I have to get unstuck, unglued, unfixed, unnailed, unheld, untied from it all.
It's all about getting unstuck - ripping off the band aide, pulling myself off of the ground, getting up and moving on. Walking out the heavy door and moving, leaving, sliding into a new life to find the new passion of the moment, the new mission to be immersed in, the new problem to be solved.
It's all about getting the courage, the burst of inspiration, the feeling of boldness, the feeling of 'to hell with it all' to get unstuck.

© 2011 Avani Chhaya


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on April 2, 2011
Last Updated on April 2, 2011

Author

Avani Chhaya
Avani Chhaya

About
I am a junior at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign studying English with a secondary education minor. I have an intense love for reading and writing. I want to become a more confident.. more..

Writing