The Killing

The Killing

A Story by autopsychick0110
"

Cause and effect

"
Life is cruel. There are so many things that we do in this world and every single one of them has consequences. Cause and effect; that's the way the world operates. My friend believes that everything happens for a reason, that we're all "meant" to do everything that we do, but I believe that it's all random. I believe that all the choices that we make and the resulting effects of those choices are at the draw of a hat. So how did those draws leave me strapped in a metal chair, wondering about all of this? I remember the blood; the great satisfying feeling that came with all of that blood. I remember the hate before the blood and the love after. I remember before the blood how innocent I was, thinking that causing the death of another was a terrible, unspeakable action. I remember being in the moment and how my rage guided my actions. How utterly stupid emotions are. Without them, the world could live in a much more peaceful and logical manner. I am innocent of the crime they accuse of me and yet here I am, sitting in this chair waiting for the electricity to fill my body and the amps to take my life away from me. I was the one who had slain her, but they accuse me of killing another human being, trying to make me see the humanity that was her soul. Little do they know, she never had a soul. Her birth was the birth of a demon who could speak and act like a human. Could they ever see that I was doing good? That I was clearing the path towards a brighter future for all of us? Free from her. Her sweet blood filled my nose and the memory of the killing was bringing a smile to my face. She was dead. We are free. Even if they cannot see it now, I will be a martyr for generations to come. The day of my death, today, will be mourned by our posterity who will understand what I did for them. Waiting in this chair seemed like forever, but I could only think of the killing that brought me here as a good thing. Cause: the death of a demon. Effect: the death of me. Even though I did not wish for my own death, I was still happy about what I had done. The human race will no longer need to fear the demon on this Earth. All the pain she caused will now cease and now my life will be taken. It was worth it, my life is worth far less than the happiness of the human race and one day people will know what I've done for them. There will be statues of me and people will pray to me. I laughed because I knew that they would worship me for the act that I have done and condemn those who murdered me. I heard the slap of the latch as it came down and I felt the goosebumps on my whole body and then came the horrible pain of the electricity and then it all went black.

© 2013 autopsychick0110


Author's Note

autopsychick0110
Want more? Check out my blog (dedicated to my short stories, art, and ramblings; all is appropriate for teens) at ramblingsofagothgirl.blogspot.com
Also please ignore my grammar errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Although not as inspired as your other work, "Neglect", this is another well done story. I would suggest taking the time to read the story "An Occurance on Owl Creek Bridge", if you have not already, because your love of twist endings is reminiscent of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this! I'll have to check out your blog sometime:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2013
Last Updated on August 14, 2013