Neglect

Neglect

A Story by autopsychick0110
"

Insanity or reality?

"
I heard the scurrying of little feet that could've been from a mouse or rat or squirrel, but it wasn't. I knew what it was, but no one else did. I had screamed and yelled at them trying to get them to listen, to understand the danger that was coming, but their small-mindedness could not comprehend the horror that was on its way. At first they just scolded me for making so much noise about such nonsense, which then turned into laughter, but now they just talk to me slowly and gently as if I was made of glass, as if I could shatter at any moment, leaving only sharp pieces to pierce their feet. They told me that I needed to stop living in my nightmares, as if it was only a dream, a fake reality made up by my consciousness to scare me in my sleep, but it was so much more then that. It was too late for warning now, in my own little white room with softened walls and a comfy bed to make them feel as if what I was warning them about was fake, was just a nightmare that had gone to far. If it was only a nightmare, then how can I can hear it's scurrying getting faster and faster as it comes for me? How come I can feel it's energy wanting to wash it's hands in my blood? How come all of the secrets it shared with me have somehow made the others fancy me mad? No, this is no nightmare and I am not mad. If only they had listened before it was too late! With all the noise it's making trying to find me, I abruptly feel the emptiness of the room. I feel the bland and boringness of it all and suddenly this special jacket can't even confine my fears of what's coming. I hear a distant screaming and envision the crimson blood spurting out of some poor, innocent body. It's blood stained teeth ripping into the flesh of those who could've listened, who could've saved themselves from their own fateful undoing. I smiled a little bit, now they will believe me, they will no longer believe that my mind has been somehow telling me lies for the past 10 years of my life. They'll realize that all those "tests" that they had put me through had been for naught. I can see the life draining out of their eyes and their faces dripping with disbelief, dread, and pain, never to move again. Their blood is soaking the ground and is threatening the cleanliness of my bare feet. I can see it, in all of its horror killing person after person, playing with their organs on its razor-like tongue. I hear more and more screams from the other rooms and the scurrying gets faster and faster until its almost like a hum. I can hear the beat of my heart getting faster and louder, more urgent then ever. Maybe it's not even out of fear that my heart pounds so, but out of excitement that someone will finally know me, they'll finally know that I am not, nor was I ever, crazy. I could hear the agony of their souls in their screams, all the blood that is being shed, all of the life being sucked out of helpless shells of bodies. If only they had listened! And just as suddenly as it had come, it stopped. All of the noise, the screams and scurries just stopped. The silence of the moment made me catch my breath. Suddenly, instead of seeing all the blood and death of people around me, I saw the outline of a familiar man with a syringe in one hand, saying slowly and gently, over and over, "It's okay... It's okay..."

© 2013 autopsychick0110


Author's Note

autopsychick0110
Want more? View my blog (Dedicated to my short stories, art, and my rants; it is all appropriate for teens) at http://ramblingsofagothgirl.blogspot.com/
Also please ignore my grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good job! I liked how the lack of structure in the story, like paragraph spacing, conveyed the sense of insanity. I would have used more run-on sentences, and maybe end some trains of thought abruptly, such as, "All the tests they put me through- No, not the tests, never the tests!- had been for naught." Besides that, it was an interesting read. Keep it up.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 14, 2013
Last Updated on August 14, 2013