Never Too Late

Never Too Late

A Story by authorised1960
"

An old friend makes an announcement...

"

"So, Donald, I'm-never-going-to-get-married', Benson has finally been hooked, eh?" The tone was affectionately mocking.

 

"Looks, that way, aye." Donald replied, his gentle burr of his Scottish accent carrying a hint of laughter.

 

"So, who's the clever woman who has turned your head?" he asked.

 

"Myra. Myra Turnbull. Wee Billy's widow." Donald said proudly.

 

"Wow. I didn't know that you and she were... you know... like that." the friend stuttered and mumbled.

 

"Well, at our age, there's no point in buggering about." Donald replied.

 

"Even so, Donald. You are seventy-three years old!" his friend exclaimed.

 

"Aye. Just goes to show that it's never too late, eh?" Donald said with a laugh and and a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

 

© 2016 authorised1960


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

use it or lose it :D such a cheeky old man, a light humorous read I found enjoyable :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


authorised1960

8 Years Ago

That's exactly the response I hoped for. Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2016
Last Updated on July 3, 2016

Author

authorised1960
authorised1960

United Kingdom



About
I am a fifty-five year old single man who lives alone with his beloved dog, Ozzy. I have been writing for over forty-five years - poetry and short stories - and have been published in many small ci.. more..

Writing