Chapter 4:The Elders

Chapter 4:The Elders

A Chapter by Alewis

Amira

 

     I decided we would be leaving tonight. If we moved quick enough, we could make it to the next safe house, which was underground. We could take the tunnels and end up under the Elder's castle. Myrin was busy packing, while I paced across the room. Tomorrow my house would be destroyed by measly little humans. Remy's vision was so clear, that I was actually scared. I couldn't wait to end this war. Everyone else was getting prepared.

     I stepped out on the balcony and took one more glance around my home. This was possibly the last time I would ever see it again. The river that flowed right beside it and the way it smelled so fresh. I took a deep breath and went back inside.

     Downstairs, Remy, Adrian, and Rocky were sitting. When they saw me they all smiled. I took my usual seat beside Rocky. Mystic jumped into my lap.

     "What are the guys doing?" I asked.

     "They are putting the bags into the car," Adrienne answered. I nodded. Everyone was nervous about this. I stood and grabbed a bottle of wine and poured a glass for the four of us.

     "Lets make a toast to surviving this war!" We clinked the glasses together.

      Myrin and the others walked in. "We're ready."

 

Remy

 

     I learned that I don't like cramped places. The trip felt like forever. I was sitting in the back along with Aidan, Adrienne, and Alek. It was slightly  crowded in this car. We were driving underground, to hide from humans above.

     "Why can't we walk?" I whined.

     "Because a car is quicker." Rocky explained.

     Amira turned around in her seat. "Remy, relax. I promise you when I saw we are almost there." I sighed to myself and waited it out.

 

     I don't know when I dozed off, but someone was calling my name. I opened my eyes and we were in an underground parking lot. My door was wide open and Adrienne was staring at me.

     "Where are-" She shushed me. I got out the car and glanced around. It was a huge garage.

     "Where at the Elder's palace. We're going in casually," Amira whispered even there was no point. I slid my dagger into my boot and grabbed Aidan's hand.

     "Meow," Mystic padded her way through.

     "You seriously are letting the cat come?" I asked Rocky.

     "She could be of sme use. Remy please control your temper." She said. I gave her a grin.

     We walked through these huge wooden doors with a symbol. Inside there were four thrones. Only three had people seated. I recognized Klous right away. There was a female and another males with him. I'm guessing Amelie was her name. She had shoulder length hair. Her eyes were almond shap. She looked like she was in her mid thirties.

      The other male was slightly round, but cute. I found myself mesmorized in his glance. Aidan tugged my arm, but let me go. When I snapped out of my trance, I was standing alone in front of all three.

     "I guess she has a crush on you, if yourtrance worked," Amelie smiled.

     "Uh no. I have a boyfriend." my voice sounded hoarse.

     "State your name," the chubby dude commanded.

     "I'm Remy."

     "Last name?"

     "I have no last name," I told him.

     "I am Theo," he bellowed. I tried not to roll my eyes. I was beginning to turn uncomfortable. I avoided eye contact with Klous.

     "Are you scared Remy?" Amelie asked.

I wasn't going to lie. "Yea...I am."

     She grinned. "Good." I stood there waiting for her to attack me but she didn't. She motioned for the others to come forward. Adrienne pulled me into a hug.

    "I thought you were going to get  hurt," she whispered. I nodded in agreement. The tension was so thick, you could slice it with a knife. I was starting to regret coming here.

     Klous' words made me freeze. "Lola, why don't you say hello to you sister?" A girl walked out from behind his chair. She was at least 15 years old, but she was also my younger sister.

     "Hello, Remy. Long time no see," I hissed at her.

     "Don't think just because you aged, I'm going to accept your apology." I snapped. Klous held her back.

     Amelie shook her head. "Why are all of you here?"

     "Because this war shouldn't happen," Amira answered.

     "Well that's too bad. Who's going to stop us?" she taunted.

     "We are." Rocky said. I wasn't even paying attention when the arrow striked me in the back. I screamed an ear peircing sound.

     "I don't think our archers think you will," Theo smirked. My back was burning.

     "Pull the damn arrow out!" I shouted. Aidan pulled it out quickly.

     "Oh my goodness. We're surrounded." Adrienne gasped. I looked up and there was at least 100 arrows pointing in our direction.

      "Just great," I mumbled.

 

Rocky

 

      Amira's shield wouldn't hold for much long. She was concentrating really hard. The arrows kept on coming.

     "Amira, do you think you can stop the arrows?" I asked.

     "As soon as I cut off the shield. Run," she demanded. She stopped the shield and i ran to the wall. Amira began glowing and rays of light began to hit each archer. They all disinergrated. We moved back to her side.

     "That was impressive," Klous complimented.

     "Shut up!" Remy shouted.

     "Manners you defiant brat!" he snapped back. A hiss came from Remy's throat. We needed to split the three of them up if we wanted a chance to win. I looked around for Mystic, but she was nowhere to be found.

      "Are you looking for your cat?" Theo asked. I glared at him. He was holding Mystic in one hand by her tail. She was dead. I covered my mouth to hold back my scream. Mystic was gone. He tossed her body in front of me. I kneeled down and gently petted her head.

      "Oh get over it!" Theo said. "It was just a cat." he barked.

     I screamed. iI took my hammer and propelled it towards Theo. It smashed into his shoulder. He cringed forward.

     "Give it your all! Don't let them defeat you!" I shouted at the others.

     "They think they can win? How ridiculous!" Amelie snickered.

     Adrienne waved her arms, and a wave of water formed. She focused it at Amelie and the water pushed forward knocking Amelie to the ground. She highfived Remy.

     "Stay foucus!" Myrin said. They both nodded. Theo stood up. Our eyes met and a flash of red crossed his. He slowly began walking towards me. I grabbed my sword and pointed it at him. The room was a huge commotion. Remy and Aidan were busy fighting Klous and Lola. Adrienne was fighting against Amelie with Alek. She moved swiftly and was always a step ahead. Amira was fighting henchmen. Myrin always guarding her rear. Eric and I focused on Theo. Theo knew how to use a sword. I was ducking and dodging more than I was swinging. He was slightly faster than me. Eric managed to hit Theo in the side, giving me a direct hit to his heart. I punctured the wooden stake into his chest, then Eric decapitated him. We were both breathing hard.

     Everyone else was still in the middle of their battles. We went to help Amira out. It felt like forever until Remy and Adrienne let out blood curdling screams.

 

Adrienne

 

     I can't believe what just happened. Everything was going well, but the boys just had to be heroes. Remy was standing by my side like a statue. She was staring at Aidan's lifeless body. He turned into stone, then dust. The same thing happened to Alek. I was in shock. I wasn't able to say anything right now. Amelie and Klous had both taken out their stone daggers and aimed it at Remy and I so the boys jumped in the way stealing out fate.

      Amelie, Klous, and Lola began laughing in unison. Remy didn't take that very well. She started glowing a strange black color. Her eyes went red.

      "What's going on?" Lola asked. I knew the answer. Remy was getting her revenge. I swept up part of the ashes in sperate containers and dashed to Rocky and the others.

      "Grab your cat and lets go. Remy is going to destroy everything in this room." I told them. They nodded without hesitation. We ran out a different door and were brought to the main entrance. We continued until we were a safe distance away from the house. The ground began shaking beneath our feet. There was still no sign of Remy. We kept on looking and moments later the palace exploded.

     "Remy!" I cried. I started to run towards the palace, but Rocky held me back.

     "She is gone," Rocky's voice was also sad.

     "It is over. We have lost loved ones, but at least the war has ended." I glanced at Amira who had tears running down her face. So she did care about us. Remy was my last friend on this planet. I looked down at the ground and cried. I lost Alek and Remy. Rocky and Amira both surrounded me in a hug.

     I don't know how long we stood that way, but Myrin and Eric tensed up at the bushes. I averted my eyes to their direction. The bushes started trembling and Lola stepped out.

      "How'd you survive?" I asked. She rolled her eyes.

      "Where's my sister?"

      "Remy is dead."

      Lola shook her head. "I saw her escape! She killed Klous!"

     "That's  too bad!"I yelled. I snatched my knife out and held it out to her.

     "Is this suppose to scare me?" she sneered.

     "No. It's not, but I am," Remy stepped out from the shadows.

     "Ah there you are." I ran and pushed Lola. She fell into Remy who put her hands on the side of Lola's head and twisted. Lola's head ripped right off her shoulders. Remy tossed the remains and flicked her fingers. The corspe lit up in flames.

     I ran and squeezed Remy into a hug. She hugged me back.

     "I hope you didn't think I was dead," she said.

     I wiped my eyes. "Maybe, but don"t forget about Aidan." Her face sank. She put her head against my shoulder.

     "What am I suppose to do with out him?" she whined.

    Rocky and Amira walked over. Amira put a hand on my shoulder.

     "You two have us always. We'll be here." Amira said.

     "She's right. You two also have each other. Become sisters who will always cherish each other. I've lost Mystic." Rocky added somberly. I felt so bad right now. I lost the love of my existence, but now there was nothing, execpt Remt. She was my sister now. I'd love her forever. She was also my best friend.

     "Ladies. Shall we be on our way?" Myrin asked. The four of us nodded.

     Remy and I were quiet on the way home. We were going to Amira's third home. She offered a place for Remy and I. We had gladly accepted. I think it would be a long time before, the hole in my heart healed. The most positive aspect about this war, was meeting everyone. I'd never forget my friends or Alek. For now though, everything would be different.

 

 

 



© 2011 Alewis


Author's Note

Alewis
last chapter then the epilougue :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the way you take it from different POVs. ^^* That, for me, always helps guide me in the right direction in way of plot. I hope what I wrote made sense. I need my caffeine. T_T

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Added on November 22, 2011
Last Updated on December 6, 2011


Author

Alewis
Alewis

CA



About
i write stories about supernatural or jusst mabe once a normal setting more..

Writing
Adalia's Anger Adalia's Anger

A Story by Alewis


To Stay or Go? To Stay or Go?

A Story by Alewis