Death Spot

Death Spot

A Chapter by Alewis

     The day began to drag on really slow. By the time lunch arrived, I was exhausted. I sat down at the usual table along with Sarah and a few of her friends. They were talking about some guys they saw earlier.

     I was spacing off when Kaylah floated my way. She sat down on my left leaning on her elbow.

     "Why do you spend your time with these bone heads?" she asked. Sarah didn't even react to her question.

     "Because I can," I responded.

     "What did you say Serenity?" Sarah asked. i shook my head and looked back at Kaylah. She just gave me s smug smile.

     "I'm going back to the room if you need me," I told Sarah. She just waved me off.

     Kaylah beat my back to my room and i left before she did.

     "You walk slow," she said.

     "Well I'm not a ghost."

     "So you belive me now?"

     "Yea I do. Sarah hates being insulted and she didn't even glance your way." She just smiled.

     "I have that effect on people. I still would like to know, how you can see me," I rolled my eyes,

     "I told you, I don't know.'

     "Then maybe you are like the others," she whispered.

     "What do you mean like the others?" She sat down on my bed and motioned for me to sit next to her.

     "There are others who can see the dead. Sometimes they help find our killers and get rid of bad souls. They live in their world. Are you sure you've never made contact with the dead when you were younger?" I shrugged. When i was younger, sometimes I'd talk to imaginary people, but maybe they weren't actually imaginary. My mom always kept her eye on me, never leaving me alone.

     "I think I did. Maybe thats why my parents rushed me out the house," I told her.

     "I was murdered a year ago. My killer is still here.I hope you will me," her voice cracked. Her life was taken from her by another. At the moment I felt sorry for her.

     "How do you know it's someone from here?" I asked.

     "Because I knew the girl who hit me in my head with the hammer." she gritted her teeth.

     "A her?" Kaylah nodded, "I'll help you then."

     "Thanks. By the way i hate Sarah Parkerson. I'd known her before my death. She isn't nice to people at all. I kicked her a*s in highschool." I raised an eyebrow at her.

     "Sarah can be selfish at times. I'm thinking about being in my own room. She is sloppy and irresponsible. I can't room with someone like that," I took a deep breath.

     "You should confront her. She's done bad things in her past."

     "Like what?"

     "Ruin my life," Kaylah poofed into thin air before i could ask her what she meant. She left. My head was beginning to hurt. I took a few tylenols and laid down. I drifted off to sleep.

 

     I was awaken by loud music being played in the room. Sarah was sitting on her bed with a guy, who was shirtless. I groaned.

     "Sarah are you serious?" I shouted.

     "Aw, come on, relax. You've slept long enough," she said. It was 2 o'clock in the morning.

     "Don't give her what she wants," Kaylah said. I jumped. She was sitting at the edge of my bed. She nodded toward Sarah.

     "No. Sarah he needs to leave right now," I told her.

     "Well i think he can stay. He's my guest and this is my room also," she flipped her hair. I put my head in my hands.

     "Come on." I looked at Kaylah, "I'll take you somewhere you can rest." I pointed to my pillow,she shook her head. I got up and packed a small bag and followed her out of the room ignoring Sarah.

    Kaylah led me to a room down the hall. I followed in after her. The room had one full sized bed. The room had green walls and reminded me of the out doors.

     "This was my room. You can stay here if you want." she sat down on the bed.

     "Did you die in here?"

     "Yea you're standing right where I fell," I looked down and saw the blood stain in  the carpet.

     "I'm sorry," I whispered.

     "Don't be. I'm not."

     "Why is that?"

     "I don't have to worry about anything. I'm free." I only nodded. We just stared at each other.

     "Well, I'm tired." I told her breaking the silence.

     "Oh, okay. Yea, you'll need your rest for tomorrow. Thank God it's Saturday," she chuckled before moving to the other side. She sat against the wall listening to her ipod.

     "How is it you can touch things?" I asked.

     "Easily. What floor are we on?"

     "Fourth, why?" I eyed her suspiciously.

     "Just wondering. Goodnight."

     "Night." It was so peacefull in this room even though it was surrounded by death. I glanced at Kaylah one last time before dozing off.



© 2011 Alewis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The conversation is what is most interesting in my opinion. You can imagine action or lack thereof but no matter what the characters keep this reader grounded.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on October 1, 2011
Last Updated on October 1, 2011


Author

Alewis
Alewis

CA



About
i write stories about supernatural or jusst mabe once a normal setting more..

Writing
Adalia's Anger Adalia's Anger

A Story by Alewis


To Stay or Go? To Stay or Go?

A Story by Alewis