Kaylah's Ghost

Kaylah's Ghost

A Chapter by Alewis

 “Quit knocking on the door,” my roommate Sarah mumbled. Sarah thought it was me.

     “I’m not knocking on the door,” I told her. She groaned, putting the pillow over her head.

     I shook my head and slipped into my robe. The person kept knocking.

     “Coming,” I said. I opened the door and no one was there. The knocking was gone as well. I looked down the hall. No one was around. I went back to inside and closed the door behind me.

     “Who was it?” Sarah asked.

     “No body. There was no one there,” I responded.

      “Maybe someone playing a joke,” she went back to sleep. I didn’t believe that someone was playing a joke. There was no way they could just disappear that fast. I shook my head and fell asleep.

 

      I woke up feeling groggy from last night’s knocking. Sarah was still snoring from across the room.

     “Sarah. Wake up! We’re going to be late,” she rolled over ignoring me. I left her there. I wasn’t in the mood to deal with her today.

      I go to Remington College. The college dorm wasn’t too big. Most people chose to live off campus. I was trying to masters in forensics. I always wanted to be like the investigators on CSI.

      My parents lived together an hour away from here. I don’t really trust them at all. They had practically thrown me at this school. I’ve always an over achiever but then again there is something different about me.

      “Serenity!” I turned and saw Sarah running. When she caught up she was breathing hard.

      “Why didn’t you wake me up?” she asked still breathing hard.

      “I did, but you just rolled over and ignored me.” I told her.

      “Oh,” she whispered. I sighed and walked faster. She tried to keep pace.

      “So do you know who was at the door last night?” she asked.

     “No one was there,” I told her.

     “I wonder who was there?” she asked ignoring me all together. I don’t know why I stayed being her friend.

     “I’m going to the bathroom. I’ll see you in class.” I waved her off and  headed to the restroom.

     When I first met Sarah I thought she sweet until I really got to know her. Now I cant stand being around her. She is selfish and cares only about herself.

     I was glad that no one else was in here. I just wanted quiet. I rinsed cold water on my face. When I lifted my head to dry my face, there was a girl in the reflection. She was staring at me with a blank expression.

     I turned around to face her and she was still staring at me. Her eyes were a deep green, Hair black as coal. She was at least a year older than me 19 at least. She was wearing a tank top and ripped jeans with vans.

     “Hello?” I asked her waving my hand in her face. She flinched as if I slapped her.

     “You can see me?” her voice was almost like an echo. It reminded me of bells.

     “Uh, yes. I can see you,” I told her.

     “How?” I looked at her like she was crazy.

     “I don’t know. I see you just like I see everyone  else.”

     “But…you shouldn’t be able to see me!” she yelled. She began pacing back and forth.

     “Can I at least know your name?” I asked her. She stopped to look at me.

     “Kaylah,” she went back to pacing.

     “I’m Serenity. Please stop pacing,” she stopped.

     “I’m a ghost. How can you see me?” I was in shock. She didn’t look like a ghost at all. I shook my head and headed for the door. Kaylah got there before me. I blinked. She moved so quickly.

     “Let me go. Now,” I said it sternly.

     “First tell me how you can see me!”

     “I don’t know. I swear.” I sighed. She stared at me for a few minutes before letting me pass.



© 2011 Alewis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ur story is very good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Owe this just got interesting and this is when you stop. Please write more soon.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A mesmerizing treat to devour each word at a time. This was wonderful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
3 Reviews
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011


Author

Alewis
Alewis

CA



About
i write stories about supernatural or jusst mabe once a normal setting more..

Writing
Adalia's Anger Adalia's Anger

A Story by Alewis


To Stay or Go? To Stay or Go?

A Story by Alewis