Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by arashi
"

Chapter two to Sweet Release

"

      Lake sat on a bench in the local park, watching his six year old niece, Ellie, play on the swings with another little girl. The sun would be setting son, and he knew that Darren, his brother, expected to have her home before dark. But there was something that told him that this was where he was supposed to be, and if he left he’d miss something important.

 

      Glancing at his watch, he decided to wait for five more minutes. More than likely he was just being overly imaginative, a trait he didn’t like people to know he had. Five minutes would give him enough time to get over the feeling while still getting Ellie home before dark.
      It wasn’t until he stood up to leave, though, that he saw someone enter through the gate. Calling Ellie to him, he kept his eyes on the two figures. They seemed to be in an argument, but their voices were just low enough that they came to him undistinguishable,
One of them was a guy he didn’t recognize with curly red hair and a sharp face. The other was Jaron, his anger showing clearly even in the dimming light. A dark blush came to Lake’s cheeks when the guy grabbed Jaron’s shirt and forcefully pulled him down for a kiss.
Lake felt his draw drop even as his hand came up to cover Ellie’s eyes to keep her from seeing. Jaron melted into the guy for a moment before tensing and pushing him away.
“Keep off of me, Brad!” Jaron yelled, now loud enough for Lake to hear. “I told you it’s over!”
Ellie pushed Lake’s hand away from her eyes. “Are we going home, Uncle Lake?”
He glanced down at her, then back at the two in time to see Brad hit Jaron across the face. Lake took a step toward the two, but Ellie grabbed his hand.
“Uncle Lake?”
He forced himself to smile. “Let’s get you home,” he said and started toward the sidewalk, his eyes never leaving Jaron and Brad.
Lake would have thought that Jaron would hit back. Instead, the brunette stood there, fists clenched at his sides. When he looked up, his eyes caught Lake’s as they walked by, and he flashed a bright smile.
Nearly letting out a curse, Lake began to speed up, deciding that next time he had a feeling that something would happen, he would run like hell in the other direction.
Jaron said something to Brad that Lake couldn’t hear, and he pulled on Ellie’s arm to hurry her up. They were about to turn the corner when an arm appeared around his waist and Jaron’s voice came to him, low and cruel. “Fight me and regret it.”
Ellie glanced up at them in confusion but didn’t say anything. Instead as if sensing an argument coming (she was pretty perceptive for someone so young), she let go of Lake’s hand and walked a few steps ahead.
“What do you want, Jaron?” Lake hissed, eyes flashing.
      “Just let me walk with you for a bit.”
      “Only if you move your arm.”
      Jaron rolled his eyes but dropped his arm to his side. “You mad about earlier?”
      Lake glared at him, not answering.
      “I was just kidding around. Lighten up.”
      Neither one spoke again until after they reached Ellie’s home and Lake saw her safely inside.
      Once they were alone, though, Lake went off, “What the hell do you want, Jaron? I don’t have the time to deal with people like you.”
      Jaron’s eyes narrowed and he crossed his arms. “What do you mean by that?”
      “You’re no good,” Lake snapped. “You don’t care about anything but yourself and having fun. You’re a trouble-maker and a pain in the a*s.”
      Jaron looked at him in surprise for a moment before laughing. “You’re not that bad, Lake. I always thought you’d be more uptight.”
      “Will you please go away?” he snapped.
      Jaron appeared to think about it for a moment before smirking. “Nope.”
      “Fine.” Lake turned and walked away, but Jaron and laughed and caught up with him.
      “Where are you going?”
      “Home.”
      “Can I come with?”
      “No.”
      “Too bad. I’m coming anyway.”
Sweet Release
      Jaron looked around Lake’s room in shock. The size of it alone was bigger than both his and his parents’ room put together. Not only that, but he had his own bathroom, two closets, and a slightly smaller “sitting room” with book cases, a big screen TV, radio, and the best computers (yes, as in more than one!) that money could buy.
      He turned his attention to the boy on the bed, who was doing his best to pretend that he wasn’t there. Truth be told, he was a bit surprised that Lake hadn’t yet tried to force him to leave. Especially since Jaron was doing everything he could think of to annoy him.
      At the moment he was humming the tune from Jeopardy. The notes seemed to echo in the enormous room and Jaron could hear Lake sigh in exasperation.
      “Do you mind?!” Lake practically yelled after a few more minutes, looking up from the book that he had been trying, and failing, to read in order to glare at Jaron.
      “Hmm? Mind what?” he asked, tilting his head slightly.
      Lake took a deep breath, clearly trying to keep calm. “Would you stop humming?”
      “Is it getting on your nerves?”
      “Yes!”
      “Then of course I won’t stop.”
      “Why are you even here?”
      Jaron shrugged. “Nothing better to do. ‘Sides, you’re interesting for a know-it-all.”
      Glaring at him, Lake closed his book. “I have work to do.”
      “Your grades are good enough to skip an assignment or two.”
      “Not the point.”
      Plopping down on the bed next to Lake, he laid back, his head almost resting on Lake’s lap. “Not everything has to have a point. You should loosen up. Live a little. When you’re all old and wrinkly, and your good looks disappear, you’ll regret not having as much fun now.”
      Without thinking, Lake laid next to him, their bodies almost touching. “I’ll deal with that when the time comes.”
      Neither talked for a few minutes, though Jaron did continue to hum.
      Finally, Lake said, “What about you?”
      “What about me?”
      “Are you going to regret not doing well in school?”
      “The only thing I regret, or will regret, is not eating breakfast.”
Sweet Release
      The moment Jaron left Lake’s house, nearly an hour later, he felt someone staring at him. Looking back, he saw Lake standing at his bedroom window, looking down at him with crossed arms.
      Without thinking, Jaron laughed and blew him a kiss, causing the other boy to disappear from view. Shaking his head, he walked down the street, only to be stop again when someone grabbed his arm from behind.
      Turning around, he saw Brad, eyes bright with anger.
      “What do you think you’re doing?” Jaron snapped.
      “Me? What about you? Who the hell was that guy.”
      “A friend.”
      “No one is ever just a friend to you.”
      Jaron glared at him. “Why do you care anyway.”
      “You are my boyfriend.”
      “No, I’m not. I told you, it’s over. Besides, you never cared before who I slept with. What’s the big deal now?”
      “The big deal is that it’s not over until I say it is!” The look on his face was superior and the sound of his voice arrogant. “You can’t just say you want to see other people.”
      “Like I said, it didn’t bother you before.”
      “Before there was no chance that they’d date you! Everyone you were with knew I didn’t give a damn as long as it was just a one night stand!”
      Jaron jerked his arm away from Brad. “Go to hell.”
      “After you.”
      After one last glare, Jaron turned and walked away, praying that Brad wouldn’t follow. Not knowing what he’d do if he did.


© 2008 arashi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I got a little confused with the last sentence but I'm loving it
I love the characters and I really cant wait for more

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on February 13, 2008


Author

arashi
arashi

Marbury, AL



About
I'm nineteen and have been writing since the eighth grade. It's become a release for me, a way to escape the world. One day I hope to become a novelist for both teens and adults, but I think that it'l.. more..

Writing
My Pain My Pain

A Poem by arashi


Sweet Release Sweet Release

A Book by arashi


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by arashi