Chapter 2: Mary Sue

Chapter 2: Mary Sue

A Chapter by Jarod
"

In this exciting tale, our second main character is introduced. Zippity f*****g doo dah.

"
What did you think? Was it good? Did it keep your interest? Aww, who am I kidding? You hated it as much as
did. However, I have a quota to meet, and this story ain't gonna narrate itself. 
Mary Sue grew up dreaming of being the greatest knight of them all! Unfortunately, she was of the human race, and Dragno enslaved all of the humans, so she really couldn't. Also, feminists and SJWs aren't a thing in Magiclandia, so even with a good king her chances of being a knight were nix divided by goose egg. I probably shouldn't have said that. Since I said that, the comments are probably gonna all be about this one remark. All two comments I get. F**k my life.
So she stole her father's sword and set off. As she was leaving town, she came across Harry. 
"Where are you going?" he asked her. 
"On an adventure!" she replied.
"Oh, there's no adventure this way," Harry said, "It's just another boring old town." 
"Well, where are YOU going?" she asked.
"On an adventure as well."
"This town is the opposite of an adventure." She sighed. "Well, since there isn't any adventure this way, and since there isn't any adventure that way, where are we supposed to find adventure?"
"Maybe up that mountain?" Harry pointed towards a mountain in the distance.
"Nowhere else to go, really."
So they set off, the two of them, talking about their life up until this point, laughing and occasionally flipping the bird towards Dragno's castle, which lies in the west.
At the base of the mountain, they were met with a sign. "Nobody may climb this mountain unless they are level 30."
"What are we to do now?" Mary asked. "We can't climb this mountain."
"What if we were to grind for xp?" Harry suggested.
So they did. They ground and ground and ground, killing slimes left and right, leaving an ocean of ooze and regrets wherever they went. 
Thus we leave our heroes for this chapter, grinding slimes for exp. Will they make it? Will they kill enough to finally climb the mountain for the adventure they have been looking for? Well, read on, dear reader, and find out!


© 2016 Jarod


Author's Note

Jarod
Feel free to give me your honest thoughts. I appreciate any comments you have.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi,
Just stumbling along here since I am new, very new, five whole minutes of signing up new. Another word for new, ignorant and lost as to how this site works. I liked your chapter, I like humor which you spell humor but I spell humour. This is a fantasy type of humor.
Best of luck with it , your dialogue is good :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jarod

8 Years Ago

Aww, thanks! I didn't know if the humor (or 'humour') would come off as trying too hard or not. Glad.. read more



Reviews

Hi,
Just stumbling along here since I am new, very new, five whole minutes of signing up new. Another word for new, ignorant and lost as to how this site works. I liked your chapter, I like humor which you spell humor but I spell humour. This is a fantasy type of humor.
Best of luck with it , your dialogue is good :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jarod

8 Years Ago

Aww, thanks! I didn't know if the humor (or 'humour') would come off as trying too hard or not. Glad.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Added on September 15, 2016
Last Updated on October 6, 2016
Tags: funny, fantasy, self aware, humor, comedy, narration, narrator


Author

Jarod
Jarod

Minneapolis, MN



About
Just a high schooled nerd who enjoys writing in my free time. more..

Writing