Soft Things

Soft Things

A Poem by Apollo Poetry
"

Soft things can bend. Hard things are easier to break. What's your heart like?

"

Soft Things by Apollo Poetry


My fingers clutch onto the dream like a rock climber on a cliff.  
Every muscle in my body remains stiff. And the irony is this.
That we force ourselves to become stronger, without realizing that the harder an object is; The easier it is to break.
Glass can be shattered. Cars can crash.  
Wood can be broken.  Bones can be cracked.
But water keeps flowing. You cannot break it.You cannot destroy it.  
Even when you set it on fire, water escapes into the air.
And if you try to turn water into ice; All of a sudden, it becomes breakable.  
So if I have to pick between a hard ego, and a soft heart....
A cautious approach, or open arms...
If I have to fear a stranger, instead of trying to heal his anger..
Than l only put myself in harm.  Because that means that I've become hard.
And what's hard can break.
So instead I stay soft, because what's soft can create. Turn your pride off.
Stop chasing rainbows to find the pot of gold.  You'll miss the entire view.
You're trying to find beauty, that's already inside of you.
So place your thoughts on a boat and let your passion be the river.
Your mind is the drawbridge. Now open it.
That's the only way for these thoughts to pass.  
If the bridge doesn't open, than the boat is going to crash.
And the fire will destroy the boat, and your potential will be killed.
And we might not ever have enough time to rebuild.
And the sun might dry the river out.  
Take all the water, and hold it within a cloud.  
And then your tears will be the only thing you have left.
To remind you of raindrops.  And you can lose it if the pain stops.  
So you never actually cut your vein deep enough.
You just allow the razor blades to tap dance on your flesh.  
Sending sharp vibrations into the ground, creating an earthquake down your wrist in your attempt to create new lifelines into your palms.  You hold your own hand to remind you of human touch. You hug your pillow, hoping that it can magically turn into someone you love.  You live your life trying to find someone who relates. Appreciates. Re-creates. But your life isn't a waste.  If it was up to me, I would leave this body and turn back into energy.  Then jump through your body, and heal you like it was destiny. My soul would play leap-frog on your chakras.  Filling them up with more light than the sun.  But that's not what you really want.
Instead, you dance in your ungrateful depression like it was the prom night of your sadness.   An entire day without smiling? Now that is just madness.
If the universe had no beginning and cant have an ending , then that means that we’ve always been here and always will be.  
So as life kicks you down, you make yourself hard.  
So hard that you eventually stop feeling the pain.
But soft things can bend and adapt, while hard things are too easy to break.

© 2008 Apollo Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I loved the message in this piece..too many people let themselves become so hard in the hopes to never become broken.
I thought the rhyming at time was somewhat forced, and it was somewhat long..but overall, I think it had a good flow to it, could definitely see it being performed at a poetry slam.
Nice job.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What an amazing piece of writing. The scope of depth in this piece is phenomenal!!! The message outstanding! Truly and pleasure to read!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I loved the message in this piece..too many people let themselves become so hard in the hopes to never become broken.
I thought the rhyming at time was somewhat forced, and it was somewhat long..but overall, I think it had a good flow to it, could definitely see it being performed at a poetry slam.
Nice job.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Water, while flowing soft and steady - slowly eats away the outer surface of harder objects. Just ask the lonely piling as it abides day after day surrounded by the battering of water's still small voice...

~nice write~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

*starts chanting* Apollo Apollo Apollo! LoL! seriosuly though, the great thing about having heard you perform is... THAT I COULD HEAR YOU READ THIS. I dunno how you come up with some much creativity in 1 poem.. with every poem, but bro you never cease to amaze me!.. glad to see you come and check this site out. People if you like this man's poetry, seriously.. you need to hear him perform it, the accompaniment of his deliverance sends it over the edge. as a friend told me the other day, "we do what we do" and thats touch lives! "If it was up to me, I would leave this body and turn back into energy. Then jump through your body, and heal you like it was destiny." Thats my favorite line right there.. amen bro amen

much love n' respect

-Lalli

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think you wrote this poem especially for me. :) It was very good. I nearly cried. I got choked up. This line was me all the way:
You're trying to find beauty, that's already inside of you.

Heck, I could quote half the darn poem. It was simple wonderful. Great job. Great topic, and very well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved it. I feel the words in my ears.I didn't think it was long!!
Why well because if it wasn't for Jason Lalli. The great person he is! I would have saddly missed out on someone that can write from the heart and dream big..I heared your poemtry from Jason showing me. You write like no one else. And thank God. You bring people in and surround them with light and happiest. Things that person don't get to see or hear. Positive thinking!I love this poem. You words lefts my spirits. Gets me hope for a new day..
Thank you for sharing this

Much lov Anna
write more then later
=)


Posted 16 Years Ago


I've Been there. Hard and soft.
It was a bit long... but I enjoyed how it led from one thing to another.
Frankly- I enjoyed the whole thing.

Great Write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with the little mule. Only I raise it to 'super good' though yes, too long too IMHO, and only because what youre saying is said so neatly up until here"

My fingers clutch onto the dream like a rock climber on a cliff.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very great piece, all the aspects that you bring in this allow one to envision things as they happen it was long but was worth the time that it took to read this piece of yours, I fully enjoyed reading this piece of your, great job on it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good a little long. Thanks

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2008

Author

Apollo Poetry
Apollo Poetry

PHOENIX, AZ



About
Hi, I'm going on a national poetry tour this year. You can find out more at TravelingPoet.com I''m into music, poetry, art, traveling, meditation, healthy living, and eco peace. Here is my 'bio' -Ap.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If If

A Poem by Antonio Valentino