Pumpkin Patch Disapointment

Pumpkin Patch Disapointment

A Story by Annawrites
"

So there were no pumpkins at the pumpkin patch!

"

Pumpkin Patch Disappointment

            It was almost time to go to the pumpkin patch.  It’s such a beautiful day with fall leaves on the ground, and no cloud in sight.  It’s nice and warm outside.  We are also taking the dogs, Ansel and Greta with us.  I gather my digital camera to do some photography.  I love photography.  I put my digital camera in my purse.

            I bring two towels for the dogs downstairs to Mom.  Mom is still collecting things for the dogs to take with us. My family and I hopped in the Honda van.

            It’s a breath taking drive as Mom drives to the pumpkin patch.  Leaves are falling on the ground, beautiful blue skies, and it’s just a gorgeous day.  I love seeing the leaves on trees change colors such as red, orange, and yellow.  I love fall scenery.

            Mom pulls up in the pumpkin patch’s parking lot.  I don’t even know the pumpkin patch’s name to be honest.  I wait a few minutes while Dad gets Ansel and Greta ready before I climb out of the van.  Dad finishes getting Ansel and Greta hooked on their leashes.  I hop out of the van and grab on to Greta’s leash.  Ansel and Greta are sniffing around and checking out the fall scenery.

            There are red wagons against the little brown shop, trees are shielding the shop, and there is a display of small pumpkins.  There is also a little hay stack against the pumpkin display.  Mom props up Greta and Ansel on the hay stack to take photos.  I capture the pumpkins and red wagons with my digital camera.

            Mom is done taking photos of Ansel and Greta.  She hands me Greta’s leash and I take hold of it.  Mom walks into the little shop and comes back out with some bad news.

            “There are no pumpkins,” Mom says.

            “What? Why?” I exclaim, and Greta is sniffing the ground again.

            “The pumpkin patch is empty.  But I want to go and look in case we come back next year,” Mom retorts.  I give Mom Greta’s leash and take the little red wagon that has our stuff in it.  “Anna, do you want this pumpkin?”  She points to the pumpkin on display.

            “Sure,” I reply.  She places the pumpkin in the wagon and grabs another pumpkin for herself.  I take more photos with one hand and pulling the wagon with the other.  We walk along a trail and there’s more leaves on the ground.  We reach a stopping point and turn back around towards the parking lot.

            It was a disappointing trip, we only got two small pumpkins.  I had wanted a big pumpkin to carve for Halloween.

            “Well that was a fun trip,” I say sarcastically as we get in the car to go home.  We should’ve came earlier because they would have been pumpkins.  The pumpkins came a bit early this year.  At least I got some good photos of the pumpkins that were on display.

 

© 2012 Annawrites


Author's Note

Annawrites
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on October 21, 2012
Last Updated on October 21, 2012
Tags: Pumpkin patch trip, pumpkins, Halloween

Author

Annawrites
Annawrites

About
Hi I'm Anna, and just started with creative writing =) I'm currently working on Poetry more..

Writing