Flowers

Flowers

A Poem by light and ashes
"

not the right season for this kind of poem, at all...its an old one I found, from a little over a year ago.

"
Flowers,

We all have things that we have to grow through,
at times, life is inconvenient, at best,
like the tiny flower growing out of concrete.
I may seem hard on the outside, but inside I am soft.
I flow, like a River.
I let my pain go into a much more vast Sea.

We must continue to grow like the seedling.
I anticipated heavy rainfall,
but not the scorching Sun.
It hurts my skin.
I wilt and I faint.
This World, has not been kind to me.

This cocoon, is my body.
My bones are brittle.
I await the mercy of rebirth.

© 2024 light and ashes


Author's Note

light and ashes
Revolution Dark Floral Print, by AWB.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Me too my friend.
"This cocoon, is my body.
My bones are brittle.
I await the mercy of rebirth."
I tell people. We will change faces and we will change how we think many tines in a long life. Rebirth is necessary. Thank you dear poet for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I was just dropping by to do some late night poetry reading and naturally I decided to start at the top of the list.
Let me preface by saying this is wonderfully artful to be short as it is. Also short as it is it speaks volumes to a nature lover like me. I love the earthy yet harsh tone. It makes me think of how strong plants must be where I am from to survive the summer. It also echoes to me how strong you have been all this time to have come so far in so many different climates.
Congratulations on both that feat and this wonderful art stroke.

Posted 1 Week Ago


light and ashes

1 Week Ago

You are biased, lol. thank you.
Wesley Dingler

6 Days Ago

I am, indeed. So what? Everything is bias. That is to say everything is based on personal oppinion. .. read more
A hopeful thought. When I come back I am hoping it will be as an oak tree in a forest of hickories and pines.

Posted 1 Week Ago


light and ashes

1 Week Ago

Thank you for reading and for reviewing.
A very finely penned poem which provides much food for thought to your reader. Wild flowers don't care where they grow and regardless of the circumstances they will find a way, not just to grow but to survive in spite of the odds against them. Every situation in life that challenges us and we overcome the challenge, we grow from in different ways, but especially Spiritually. We become stronger and more prepared for the next challenge. No matter how many lifetimes we live we will always have different challenges to face and overcome. An elegant metaphoric write. I enjoyed reading and thank you for sharing...

Posted 1 Week Ago


rebirth...rejuvenation...hope...
I really like the idea of growing through tribulations rather than going through them.
that "r" makes so much difference in how we view our lives and the ups and downs.
j.

Posted 1 Week Ago


light and ashes

1 Week Ago

It really does....thank you.
Beautiful poem. Enjoyed reading

Posted 1 Week Ago


light and ashes

1 Week Ago

thank you.
Arundass TP

1 Week Ago

Welcome friend 😊
At root we are what we come from, remaining similar til we fade or.. adopt what we can if only to survive.
Life is not always an award but a trial.. but.. we need try best we can and - we can.
Fine words, a battle of letters maybe, trying to find strength.. seems you can - and do,

'I await the mercy of rebirth.' You're words, attitude is courageous and defiant - the time to be, to act has come.

Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Me too my friend.
"This cocoon, is my body.
My bones are brittle.
I await the mercy of rebirth."
I tell people. We will change faces and we will change how we think many tines in a long life. Rebirth is necessary. Thank you dear poet for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2024
Last Updated on September 3, 2024


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Slant Slant

A Poem by Ayvid N